View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 07:49 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,283 Times in 2,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

When the Colts were losing to the Patriots by a score of 21-3 late in the 1st half of the 2006 AFC championship game, one of my older brothers emailed me to say that he was hoping that this would be the year for my beloved Colts, but it apparently was not.

o
o

A) ) I was hoping that Rodgers and the Packers were able to repeat what Manning and the 2006 Colts did 14 years ago.

B) ) Tough break for the Packers on the pass interference call late in the 4th quarter which gave the Buccaneers a 1st down, instead of them being forced to punt.

C) ) The Packers getting burned for a 49-yard TD pass when the Buccaneers had no timeouts and only 8 seconds left to play in the 1st half was inexcusable ...... it was on par with the 2012 Denver Broncos coughing up the game-tying, 70-yard TD pass when the Ravens had no timeouts and only 30 seconds left to play in the 4th quarter of that season's divisional playoff game. That gaffe cost Peyton Manning a chance to beat Brady in yet another conference championship game (Manning's teams were 3-1 in such games against Brady's teams when Manning retired), and what very well may have been a 3rd Super Bowl ring (in addition to the one that he won 6 years earlier, and the 2nd one that he won 3 years later.)

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 01-25-2021 at 10:39 AM.