View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 02:03 PM

Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
My thoughts on the past couple of day's topics:

1. Drat about Chris Jones getting franchised. He was my #1 free agent target now that AC is coming back. I don't know if there is anyone else that I would back the money truck up for, honestly, other than Dak Prescott.

2. I don't want to spend money on any of the FA QBs that will be available. Dak is the only one that I would pony up the money for and he will not make it to free agency.

3. That said, if Derek Carr would only cost us our lower 2nd round pick, I would trade for him. He is young enough to be our QB at a high level for a decade, is an accomplished NFL QB with good instincts, touch and leadership and I think he would fit a Reich offensive system like a glove. Gruden is an idiot if they spend capital to go chase a different QB rather than build around Carr. And he is less than a $20m cap hit for each of the next 3 seasons.

4. Of Herbert, Love, Eason and Fromm, I think I like Eason the best but I don't like using the #13 pick on him. I think at #13, we can get a high potential WR1, LOT1, disruptive 3-tech or talented DE and I don't know that I love any of the QBs as much as I like a lot of the guys who could fall to us. I would MUCH better roll with JB another year, draft a developmental kid in the 2nd or 3rd round and see where we are at in a year than draft one of the QBs with the #13.

5. I am concerned about O-Line depth more than the depth of any other position group right now. I think Haeg will get low end starter money in free agency, Clark is not better than average and we then have no one behind our fav five. I would want an OT draft pick early (1st or 2nd round) and a draft pick later for interior line depth.

6. Also worried about TE depth. Jack as the starter and Mo-Allie Cox as a guy is fine but there is no one behind them. Need a body or two there to round out that critically important position in Reich's offense.

7. WR is tricky for me. On paper, I like Hilton, Pascal and Campbell as our starting three. However, we have limited depth behind them (Fountain and Johnson) and they can be improved on. Adding draftees in this "deep WR" draft is a good idea.

8. So, conceptually, I want our FA money going to NT, DE, 3-tech (if any were to hit FA), Safety depth and CB depth while our draft class going all offense if possible (OT/WR/QB early, OG/WR/TE later).

9. So, my family dumped all of our Luck jersey's last year at Goodwill. Whom would you buy a jersey of going forward?
Agree with most of this, except Eason. He reportedly will not put in the work and has a lousy attitude.

A need that nobody here seems to bring up, is a replacement for Sheard, who probably won't be signed. We have nobody on the roster who has his skill set at DE.

We saw what the defense looked when he missed the first 4 games and it wasn't good.

I propose that we attack the need in free agency with Shaq Lawson, who is starting to put his game together after injuries.