View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 10:41 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
How did we lose 8?
This is a good bit on Reich too. Week 5 we were able to beat the chiefs by running the ball and playing keep away from the opposing offense. This worked, but stopped being a long term solution when our receivers started dropping.

Teams knew that the combination of Brissett's weaknesses and our inexperienced receivers allowed them to just play the run and dare us to pass. As soon as they took away the run game, the wheels fell off.

What I didnt see this year is an effective screen game to take advantage of Wlikins. 2018 was Pag's last year, and we were screaming for it then. We should be making better use of our athletic OL to open up the short pass / screen game outside to negate the dearth of receiving talent and the skills of Brissett.

There was a stat I cant find where we run the ball on 90% of our 2nd and long snaps. Not scouting ourselves is a mistake the Pags regime made over and over and over.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."