View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 08:01 PM

Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
To much even for the cheats. Released him today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
This is why the Patriots don't get the moral high ground here. They claimed that they would not have signed him had they known, but then they let him play anyway. Only after he proves to be too much of a moron to keep his words proper do they release him. Hypocrites!!!

I am sure the $5MM bonus payment that the Cheats were supposed to hand over on Monday had a bit to due with the timing. They probably figured that they can void most of the contract money and only have to pay the weekly allotment of his base salary for Weeks 2 and 3. Even though his two bonus payments were "guaranteed" ($9MM total) - there was lots of language in the contract where they could void the deal for his antics. I am sure he will file a grievance and try to receive the bonus - but AB doesn't have ANY of the bonus money yet. I think the Cheats knew that if they paid that $5MM on Monday, they weren't getting a dime back from him. And they probably knew that AB was going to land on the exempt list or that a suspension from the league was on the way....so they could be paying him to sit (if on the exempt list). Time to cut their losses.....and will probably only be minimal losses at that. The main issue for the Cheats will be the dead cap space.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 09-20-2019 at 09:13 PM.