View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 06:12 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
You also brought sacks into the equation and I think that is just a critical piece of the puzzle, and it's going to have a corollary relationship (duh) with Jacoby.

Now granted, his Oline in 17' was dogshit, worse I think it was the shit scraped up before it becomes dog shit. That said, he just held the ball too long and even in the Cleveland game which is the only snaps he's had- he showed some signs of doing it again.

So, if we can assume:
1- Oline is NEAR what they were last year (18 sacks is so absurd)
2- He has taken the coaching to heart and understands he doesn't have to score on every poss so he throws the ball away...
If those two happen, let's say <25 sacks, then I think his INT rate will be 12-13, and if so, his completion rate may be down a bit just due to some throw-aways vs forces...if so he will be getting tons of positive press and we're going to be rolling.

It's early, but it's also scary that really there's been no game action for the real Oline- which bothers me. FUCK I could really benefit by seeing a Big-Q balls to your face smash right now!
Actually, I take back my 65% rate to some extent. While it's a bit of an outlier, he could pull a Cam Newton and put up 3,837/35 TDs/10 INTs on 60% comp rate. I like his odds a lot better if he's around 65%, but it isn't unprecedented.