Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
I'm aware. In fact, I even said this:

And this:

Right after he was drafted last Friday night:

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/show...244#post118244

So yes, I'm well aware that he isn't Phil Dorsett, nor do I expect him to be.

Just because I ask a question, doesn't mean I agree with it.

Since Dam had taken the time to do a deep dive into Campbell, I was curious of what characteristics he might see in Campbell specifically. I have my own ideas (which it appears Dam largely confirmed) but I can't claim to have studied him extensively (as I alluded to in the above post, I'm an Ole Miss fan and I watch mostly SEC football. Dam I believe is a Purdue fan so I think he's watched more Campbell than I have in addition to the fact that he did a deep dive tape study).
I think he will be ok. Dorsett was soft. He just didn’t work enough to get open and get yac. You can tell Campbell was a rb before. He runs like it after the catch. Also he can contribute right away in the short passing game and screen game, sweeps etc. As he develops as a receiver in other areas.

One thing that concerned me was he only caught one pass over 20 yards. But he was so ridiculously effective in his role, they didn’t need him to, anyway, he is a few years away from being a complete receiver. But he should have an impact on certain plays right away.