View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 10:02 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
He addressed the 3 tech last yrs draft. He added pass rush with Houston and BB. Can’t draft guys and then immediately draft more guys at the same position every yr before you let them develop. The UT is pretty stacked with Autry Lewis Ward and Turay and Hunt. Yes I know they rotated Hunt all over the line but he did some things at the 3 tech

Ridgeway wasn’t gonna make the team in Ballard’s eyes. So he got something for him

Sweat was a medical concern. That is why the team that finally took him is drafting high every yr

He said. We felt like we. We’re to address the LB position. And that’s where he concentrated CB Was a need. WR was a need LB was a need.

He preached trenches DL and Oline so I figured BPA in those areas and he took a corner. Yes I think Rock is a very good corner worthy of a 1st rd pick.

Time will tell I’m not gonna complain about this draft. I do think we add at least 1 NT and some more oline in FA possibly another RDE
One DE/DT who was injured for a good chunk of the year did not address the position. Including Lewis as a full DT, right now, the DT unit consists of Hunt, Autry, Lewis, Stewart, and UDFAs. That leaves the position dangerously thin IMO. Maybe they sign a free agent, but if they roll with what they have now, getting gashed on the interior may be the undoing of this team. That may end up a good thing, however, as Ballard tends to be thematic with his drafts. Last year, fixing the trenches was his priority, and this year he addressed team speed on defense. In both cases, the thing he addressed was what he felt the team's biggest weakness from the prior year was.