View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 11:51 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

I like what Colts are doing defensively so far. I still have questions/concerns of course -- I don't see a consistent pass rush yet and I think another safety is mandatory -- but I love the concerted effort to get more multiple for Eberflus. On paper, this is a team that is better suited to cover the MOF, and can probably generate more pressure schematically with its LB corps than it did last year.

My biggest remaining questions:

1. Edge rush. I think they'll crush the pocket well, but so far, this draft is still asking me to place a lot of faith in Turay.

2. Safety depth. I have no issues with Geathers/Hooker as starting tandem, but you need to run with 3 good, consistent safeties in today's NFL -- or at least have a consistent dime option of some position -- and I don't trust Geathers to be healthy enough or Farley/Odum to be good enough to give me that magic number of 3.

3. X receiver. Nothing we didn't know, but so far, still a lot riding on Funchess being an answer. Good news on offense is that Colts have ample options over the middle, and a healthy Hilton (knock on wood!) will always stretch the field on one side. But I would like to see someone who can potentially unseat Funchess, at least at some point this year. No, I don't think it's wise to bet on that player being Deon Cain.

4. Are they really deep enough at OL? I think they almost have to draft Day 2 OL given future question marks, but more to the point, there is very little OT depth on this team.

5. Who is the returner? Chester Rogers did an admirable job last year, but I really don't want it to be him.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (04-27-2019), smitty46953 (04-27-2019), VeveJones007 (04-27-2019), YDFL Commish (04-27-2019)