View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Ballard talked a lot this offseason about adding to the DL rotation and wanting it to be 8 deep. Even if you count Turay and Lewis as part of that rotation, I count 6 reliable DL pieces, only 2 of which are DTs, and that's if you count Autry as a full DT, and 3 of which are 30+ (Houston, Hunt, Autry, Sheard, Lewis, Turay). Adding 2 quality DL in this draft is nearly mandatory unless you want the position to be a huge problem moving forward. Yet another reason trading out with Montez Sweat sitting there gift wrapped to you doesn't make sense.
We have other guys who were playing fine for us last year....Ward, Muhammad. I am very interested in seeing Lewis develop along with the hoped for progression of Turay. I am not saying we shouldn't make further selections, but i thought Jihad Ward played really well in the limited playing time last year. In his 6 games he had 3 sacks.

We also have Grover Stewart and Hassan Ridgeway, who have both seen significant playing time, although i am less certain of their future success with the Colts.

So i would say we have 10 guys who have all seen significant playing time throughout their careers. They may not all be starters, but they are not scrubs with no experience either. They are exactly what you need for depth.
The Following User Says Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
Puck (04-26-2019)