Thread: Draft Crush
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 12:30 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

DE/OLB Derek Barnett - I just really like his game and think he'll translate well to the NFL as a pass rusher and all-around defender. Suggs-like.

DE/OLB DeMarcus Lawrence - see above, but we could maybe get him in round 3 because I guess 280 is too heavy for OLB or too light for DE...? I bet he goes earlier than people expect.

LB Zach Cunningham - I hear comparisons to Derrick Johnson, which is high praise, but I also see some Brian Urlacher in there. A bigger LB with range to cover and the versatility to move around. Blitz him, let him play at the LOS, drop him to cover TEs or RBs. I think he'll do it all in the NFL and do it well. If he somehow lasts til round 2 I'd really like to get him there.

RB Alvin Kamara - I like his ability to catch, pass protect, juke tacklers, or run tough between the tackles. Reminds me a bit of Ahmad Bradshaw. Hopefully without the injuries. Round 3?

DL Chris Wormley - Great size, versatility, strength, attitude. I like everything I've read about him. I think he fits this defense well. If healthy I would expect Anderson to move to 5 tech next year, and I could see Wormley taking his spot at 3 tech going forward. Not sure I would want to use a 2nd on him, just depends on who is there when we pick.