View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 02:02 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,282 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

The Colts did not go 11-4-1, but they still have a chance to make it to the AFC Championship game (as per my prediction), and maybe the Super Bowl.

The choice not to take the tie against the Texans in Game 4 wound up being the difference in winning and not winning the division, but without Reich I seriously doubt that the Colts would have been in contention as they were (and still are), so I accept the good and the bad ....... there was ten times as much good than bad with Reich, especially compared to Pagano.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post

No, it didn't. We could have stopped them and didn't. Yes, it was a dumb call (unless we made it, then it was brilliant), but not getting shut out against the jags would have produced the same result. I hate hanging the outcome of 16 games on one play. It's just not fair. We converted a 4th and 2 tonight, our season was.hanging in the balance more than the houston play.

o

Yes, the season doesn't hang on just one play. But the team had more control over that play (and that game) than any of the others.

Also, comparing going for it on 4th and 2 tonight was considerably different than doing what we did in that game. There's a fine line between being reckless and aggressive, and that was a prime example of being the former.

It was rare bad call, made by an otherwise excellent coach. That's why I stated that I accepted it for what it is, in regard to the season overall. I'm not bitter about that game or that call, I'm simply critiquing it.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 12-31-2018 at 02:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Pez (12-31-2018)