ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kollman weighs in with a great tribute to Luck (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80399)

HoosierinFL 08-30-2019 06:41 PM

Kollman weighs in with a great tribute to Luck

https://youtu.be/yQxt_j3BEvc

Brylok 08-30-2019 08:25 PM

He was great, but he quit on the team two weeks prior to a new season. The decision was probably right for him, but he screwed everyone else. I'm still angry about it, and that isn't going to go away anytime soon. I'm sure I'm not alone in this regard.

Luck4Reich 08-30-2019 08:31 PM

I appreciate the great things he did for this team. I hate that he left the team 2 weeks before the season started. Left a team that has a chance to do big things. I also understand though it's his decision. If this team happens to go deep in the playoffs without him I cant help but to wonder if her has regrets.

JAFF 08-30-2019 10:30 PM

Luck saw what was going on at the complex. He could see what was being built, the talent on the team. Do people think he was blind what the possibilities were for this team this year if he played and could play well?

Quit on his team? His body quit on him. And how did he get in that condition, playing for the Colts. He has nothing more to give, and giving less than his best, taking up a roster spot, how would that be honest?

He had a great year last year, so few sacks, the great run of wins, and he cant get healthy in one offseason to try it again. What could he possibly owe anyone?

Brylok 08-30-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 128802)
Quit on his team? His body quit on him. And how did he get in that condition, playing for the Colts.

His mind quit on him if anything did. Physically, there's nothing wrong with him. Training staff and a slew of doctors couldn't find anything wrong with his cankle. It was just a convenient excuse for him to quit. I hope he has a good life, but I won't forgive him and what he did to the franchise and fans. He lost me as a fan, but ultimately it doesn't matter anyway.

JAFF 08-30-2019 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 128805)
His mind quit on him if anything did. Physically, there's nothing wrong with him. Training staff and a slew of doctors couldn't find anything wrong with his cankle. It was just a convenient excuse for him to quit. I hope he has a good life, but I won't forgive him and what he did to the franchise and fans. He lost me as a fan, but ultimately it doesn't matter anyway.

And you “know” this. As a doctor? You have treated him?

BTW, I dont think hes worried about anyone forgiving him for leaving football.

Oldcolt 08-30-2019 11:48 PM

I agree that he quit on the team. I just don’t think it needs forgiveness. He didn’t do anything morally wrong just quit on a football team for very good reasons. He owes me nothing. Wish him the best but really can’t wait until we no longer talk about the guy

albany ed 08-31-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 128789)
If this team happens to go deep in the playoffs without him I cant help but to wonder if her has regrets.

I'd like to think that going deep in the playoffs would make him happy that he didn't really let the team down.

Dewey 5 08-31-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 128787)
He was great, but he quit on the team two weeks prior to a new season. The decision was probably right for him, but he screwed everyone else. I'm still angry about it, and that isn't going to go away anytime soon. I'm sure I'm not alone in this regard.

He couldn't play. I'm over it. I was over it 15 minutes after he announced it.

Hoopsdoc 08-31-2019 09:50 AM

I honestly can see both sides of this.

The human side of me says he’s just a dude, trying to live his life in the best way he can. And for him, that meant quitting. I would hope all of us would make the same choice, to do what’s best for us and our loved ones.

The fan in me is pissed because of the timing, because of last season, because of what was possible this season and in years to come.

It’s tough. I’ve sworn off football until opening day. Didn’t watch most of week 3 and none of Thursday.

That’s the last I’ll say on Luck.

For now.

Maybe. :D