ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The problem if Taylor is traded. (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166448)

jasperhobbs 08-25-2023 01:30 PM

The problem if Taylor is traded.

The backs on the roster are not really starters and not one of them is home run threat. Colts will have to become a pass first offense and Richardson is not ready for that. Could be a long and painful year.

Chromeburn 08-25-2023 01:48 PM

It would just be RB by committee and most teams don't have a homerun threat at RB who is also a workhorse.

Brylok 08-25-2023 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasperhobbs (Post 272211)
The backs on the roster are not really starters and not one of them is home run threat. Colts will have to become a pass first offense and Richardson is not ready for that. Could be a long and painful year.

They're only going to win around 4 games anyway. Draft a RB next year.

Oldcolt 08-25-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 272214)
They're only going to win around 4 games anyway. Draft a RB next year.

They are going to win more than 4 games. I agree we are probably not going to be great (but who the hell knows right now) but with AR we will score points. Our backs will be fine, we will have a run game. You do not need a home run threat from your running back. If you get 5 yards a shot or so defenses cannot ignore you. I like the idea of drafting running back next year. I like the idea of an extra first even better. We need the help

jasperhobbs 08-25-2023 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 272215)
They are going to win more than 4 games. I agree we are probably not going to be great (but who the hell knows right now) but with AR we will score points. Our backs will be fine, we will have a run game. You do not need a home run threat from your running back. If you get 5 yards a shot or so defenses cannot ignore you. I like the idea of drafting running back next year. I like the idea of an extra first even better. We need the help

I think teams should draft a running back every year. Not early but maybe round 4 or 5. You never when you will find a gem and he will be on a cheap contract.

jasperhobbs 08-25-2023 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 272215)

I don't think the colts will get a first round pick for JT.

Oldcolt 08-25-2023 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasperhobbs (Post 272220)
I don't think the colts will get a first round pick for JT.

Neither do I. I think he plays for us next year. I wouldn’t trade him just to get him off the team like a few of you would. He is an asset and should be treated as one. Either we get what we want or he stays. Tough shit if he doesn’t like it, he A) shouldn’t have signed the contract or B) should go find another job he is qualified for that will pay him 4+ million a year.

ChaosTheory 08-25-2023 04:22 PM

The only way we get a 1st for JT is if we franchise him next year and then let him sign any with any team he wants.

Then, another team wouldn't have to cough up the 1st, the league would. We won't get a 1st from another team.

jasperhobbs 08-25-2023 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 272228)
The only way we get a 1st for JT is if we franchise him next year and then let him sign any with any team he wants.

Then, another team wouldn't have to cough up the 1st, the league would. We won't get a 1st from another team.

I don't think that is right. Sometimes a match of contract is involved and if a team doesn't match it, they receive at least a first round pick. There are exclusive and non exclusive tags

JAFF 08-25-2023 08:11 PM

All that sounds good, are we taking it for granted that his ankle will heal completely?