ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tomorrow starts legal tampering (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159238)

njcoltfan 03-12-2023 12:31 PM

Tomorrow starts legal tampering

Will the Colts start filling holes in the roster? I really hope they get a deal in place for a guard and tackle, and you guys.........................

Dewey 5 03-12-2023 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 261149)
Will the Colts start filling holes in the roster? I really hope they get a deal in place for a guard and tackle, and you guys.........................

No. Ballard doesn't do that.

JAFF 03-12-2023 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 261152)
No. Ballard doesn't do that.

If the right guy is there, I think he will make a deal

Hoopsdoc 03-12-2023 04:55 PM

Ballard is never active early in free agency and that’s a good thing in my opinion. That’s when the crazy money is given out and those deals rarely work out.

JAFF 03-12-2023 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 261181)
Ballard is never active early in free agency and that’s a good thing in my opinion. That’s when the crazy money is given out and those deals rarely work out.

If a good LT was available, he should act

ChaosTheory 03-13-2023 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 261149)

We've got history of the types of free agents they'll likely sign. Jabaal Sheard, Justin Houston, Denico Autry, Stephon Gilmore types will be the larger ones and then you'll have some smaller Xavier Rhodes, Rodney McLeod types. But the bulk of the money will be for re-signing our own guys. They're not just sitting on the money, look at the discussion around our LB corps. and who we can't afford.

Drafting is the clear strength, waivers are an underrated strength (speaking of RG, Glowinsky was a waiver claim).

Trades are often used to supplement and maneuver through the draft, but they bring players in as well. I can't really see calling Ballard and Co. unwilling to make moves when they've traded 1st round picks in 2 of the past 3 offseasons.

Brylok 03-13-2023 02:36 PM

I'm not even excited anymore. And judging by the number of posts in this thread, y'all aren't either. I'm more interested in shedding contracts than whoever the Colts will actually pick up. I'm not expecting much, as usual.

Lov2fish 03-13-2023 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 261292)
I'm not even excited anymore. And judging by the number of posts in this thread, y'all aren't either. I'm more interested in shedding contracts than whoever the Colts will actually pick up. I'm not expecting much, as usual.

^^^This x10^^^

nate505 03-13-2023 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 261292)

It's the Ballard effect. Dude had given nobody any reason to care about free agency, even though while it's not a panacea, it does provide an actual use in the NFL landscape. Just not to Ballard unless it's the bargain bin of bargain bins.

Hoopsdoc 03-13-2023 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 261308)
It's the Ballard effect. Dude had given nobody any reason to care about free agency, even though while it's not a panacea, it does provide an actual use in the NFL landscape. Just not to Ballard unless it's the bargain bin of bargain bins.

The Chiefs gave a right tackle 60 million guaranteed to play left tackle. Those are the kind of deals I’m glad Ballard doesn’t make.