ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My guess is that part of the holdup is… (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141336)

Kray007 03-19-2022 05:38 PM

My guess is that part of the holdup is…

That both Ballard and Reich want Irsay to give his explicit endorsement of the choice of a new Quarterback. In a year, if the new guy doesn’t work out, the last thing they want to hear is Irsay griping that he he let himself be talked into a choice he had reservations about.

JAFF 03-19-2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 226734)
That both Ballard and Reich want Irsay to give his explicit endorsement of the choice of a new Quarterback. In a year, if the new guy doesn’t work out, the last thing they want to hear is Irsay griping that he he let himself be talked into a choice he had reservations about.

How hard can it be to get ahold of Jim?

CletusPyle 03-19-2022 05:51 PM

Quote:

You could be right, but that is what Irsay pays them for....they are suppose to be the football experts, so if the same thing that happened with Wentz happens with (fill in the blank) they will both be out on their ass! That is likely what is taking so long. :D

apballin 03-19-2022 05:52 PM

You know the holdup is Ballard playing hardball with the browns the Colts absolutely have all the power in this situation

Lov2fish 03-19-2022 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 226741)
You know the holdup is Ballard playing hardball with the browns the Colts absolutely have all the power in this situation

Not necessarily. The Seahawks reached out to them as well.

CletusPyle 03-19-2022 06:07 PM

Quote:

Ballard should remind them of the rape they committed when we traded for Trent Richardson! You would think the Browns would have already had some discussions with the Colts and Seahawks before they mortgaged their future on DeShaun Rapeson!:eek::D

IndyNorm 03-19-2022 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 226745)
Ballard should remind them of the rape they committed when we traded for Trent Richardson! You would think the Browns would have already had some discussions with the Colts and Seahawks before they mortgaged their future on DeShaun Rapeson!:eek::D

They're probably still pissed off that all they got in return for Richardson ended up being Johnny Manziel lol. On top of that they actually traded to move up to draft TRich in the first place, sending the 4th overall pick and their 4th, 5th, and 7th rounders to draft him 3rd overall. So basically their 1st (4th overall), 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders in '12 netted them 1 year of TRich and Manziel. Gotta love the Browns LMAO!!!

albany ed 03-19-2022 07:21 PM

Quote:

I thought they had all the power last year, the Eagles didn't want Wentz on their roster last year, yet they managed to get a first and a third for him.

Chromeburn 03-19-2022 08:09 PM

Quote:

I think they’re negotiating. Browns likely asking for too much. Also keeping the door open for Matt Ryan.

I would probably just sign Winston or Mariota and keep the draft picks. Sign a few more dudes in FA.

JAFF 03-19-2022 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 226758)
I think they’re negotiating. Browns likely asking for too much. Also keeping the door open for Matt Ryan.

I would probably just sign Winston or Mariota and keep the draft picks. Sign a few more dudes in FA.

Is there really much difference between Mayfield and Winston/Mariota?