ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts-Jags super quick thoughts (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60935)

Oldcolt 12-03-2018 01:23 PM

We need playmakers. Bell is one. He is a great pass blocker and receiver. He follows blocks and has great vision (which is what we desperately need. Against great defenses-like you are going to see on a super bowl run-you have got to have great vision, follow your bocks and get the yards that can be gotten ). He costs only money which we have a shitload of. Maybe they can get comparable production from another free agent or thru the draft but I have no faith in who we have right now on the roster to be that guy.

Chromeburn 12-03-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 95889)
We need playmakers. Bell is one. He is a great pass blocker and receiver. He follows blocks and has great vision (which is what we desperately need. Against great defenses-like you are going to see on a super bowl run-you have got to have great vision, follow your bocks and get the yards that can be gotten ). He costs only money which we have a shitload of. Maybe they can get comparable production from another free agent or thru the draft but I have no faith in who we have right now on the roster to be that guy.

At 17 million a season. You don't think we can find someone through the draft or even sign a couple players at 17mil that would help this team. Two corners? Two d-line?

Chromeburn 12-03-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 95782)
1st half 0-0 I'd go for it there every time.

Yup. of course hindsight is 20-20. The last game was a high scoring game. No one thought 6 points would be the only points scored.

Pez 12-03-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 95882)
It was a fucking terrible call. He got hit and landed out of bounds. There is simply no other way to look at it. The scenario you named isn’t the same. Even the head ref guy said he didn’t agree

I thought the head ref guy said something like, "at the end of the game like this I would stop the clock."

The fact remains that Ebron began possessing the ball at the 26, was hit in-bounds at the 25, and hit the ground out of bounds at the 26.

Ticky-tack call, but a correct call. His forward progress was stopped in bounds at the 25. he landed out of bounds at the 26.

DrSpaceman 12-03-2018 01:53 PM

I don't want bell at $17 million a season

Too much trouble still on D for that

If he wants to play for even $10 million I'd consider it. Of if the D was solid and he was the missing piece to potentially win a title I'd do it for a year or two

The Colts are not that though. right now They are improving and next year should be playoff quality, but likely still not SB contenders.

DrSpaceman 12-03-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 95892)
I thought the head ref guy said something like, "at the end of the game like this I would stop the clock."

The fact remains that Ebron began possessing the ball at the 26, was hit in-bounds at the 25, and hit the ground out of bounds at the 26.

Ticky-tack call, but a correct call. His forward progress was stopped in bounds at the 25. he landed out of bounds at the 26.

While it was technically a correct call, I see the majority of the team on calls like that the clock is stopped if its close.

The refs generally do not get that picky or technical on the rule of if they are going out of bounds and moving backward. They usually give large leeway to the offense and stopping the clock, at least from what I've seen.

GoBigBlue88 12-03-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 95890)
At 17 million a season. You don't think we can find someone through the draft or even sign a couple players at 17mil that would help this team. Two corners? Two d-line?

I mean, if Demarcus Lawrence is on the market, sure.

But after tags are applied, there aren't a ton of guys worth a ton of money. Bell is one of them. I'd rather one Bell price tag than, like, Grant + Howard + that level of player.

Chaka 12-03-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 95889)

All of the things you’ve said are pretty much true, and by his tweets he seems to want to come here (or at least he seems to want to convince the Colts to enter the bidding). However, as tempting as signing him might be, he’s a two-time NFL substance abuse violator and he completely abandoned a team that was counting on him this year. In my personal opinion, I wouldn't want to add this kind of guy to a team with lots of young and potentially impressionable players. It feels like a Redskins-type move to me.

Kray007 12-03-2018 02:16 PM

Game hinged on Reich's decision to go for a TD instead of settling for the FG in the 1st Qtr. if they're only down by 3, they could have closed out the 4th quarter with a tying FG, then gone for the win in OT.

rcubed 12-03-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 95731)

12) 3rd and 13 dump off goes for a first down in the 4th quarter. are you fucking kidding me?

this is what annoyed me most in the game. it happened several times. 3rd and long and there is 15 yeards between the front 4 and the next defensive player and jags pick up the 1st.