ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   NFL new Anthem policy (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43949)

Oldcolt 05-24-2018 04:52 AM

I guess I don’t understand patriotism. I thought that even though I disagree with you I’ll fight for your right to say it, if it’s done in a nonviolent way. This, to me, is not a patriotic move by the NFL. It is exactly the opposite of patriotism and furthermore is idiotic in that it brings MORE attention to those protesting. By the way they are not protesting our country but how they feel our country is not living up to it’s ideals. Agree or disagree it is a debate with having in my own opinion

albany ed 05-24-2018 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testcase448 (Post 68303)
They kneel I'm gone this year too.

Please, someone kneel.

omahacolt 05-24-2018 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 68334)
I guess I don’t understand patriotism. I thought that even though I disagree with you I’ll fight for your right to say it, if it’s done in a nonviolent way. This, to me, is not a patriotic move by the NFL. It is exactly the opposite of patriotism and furthermore is idiotic in that it brings MORE attention to those protesting. By the way they are not protesting our country but how they feel our country is not living up to it’s ideals. Agree or disagree it is a debate with having in my own opinion

Good post

Forced patriotism isn’t patriotic and is not what this country was founded on.

Pez 05-24-2018 06:31 AM

Next year they they should make the fans stand up and put their phones away or revoke their seat privileges.

I stand (at home even). My opinion changed on this when I went to the Cleveland game last year. A daughter and dad were in front of me and the daughter was on her phone. Should I have talked to Dad about how he needed to teach his daughter the proper respect, no. Once you get there you come to the conclusion that how any individual chooses to respect the anthem is no ones business at all.

And the NFL didn't solve anything. They just moved the protest to the tunnel.

rm1369 05-24-2018 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 68341)

And the NFL didn't solve anything. They just moved the protest to the tunnel.

Where there are no cameras. A protest that isn’t seen has little to no effect. Of course the media attention is such that it will be a story for the first few games, but it will die down quickly. Unless Trump decides to continue to use it to hurt the nfl I guess. Which is entirely possible.

testcase448 05-24-2018 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 68328)
Fucktard.

That does some you up pretty much, as does imbecile.

testcase448 05-24-2018 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 68337)
Please, someone kneel.

you first... unzips pants in front of you

testcase448 05-24-2018 07:10 AM

Simple solution...

Six game suspension for violating league rules first offense, season long second time. Permanent the third.

You can kneel all you like...

If you're truly committed to your cause, go for it.

testcase448 05-24-2018 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 68334)

Do it at home... do it on the street.

They hurt the league and their lively hood.. nothing like a pack of over paid snowflakes whining about "unfairness" in the US.

Want to really show your commitment? Leave the US if it's "unfair"

Then I'd listen to your idiot views

rm1369 05-24-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testcase448 (Post 68350)
Do it at home... do it on the street.

They hurt the league and their lively hood.. nothing like a pack of over paid snowflakes whining about "unfairness" in the US.

Want to really show your commitment? Leave the US if it's "unfair"

Then I'd listen to your idiot views

I love the snowflake reference from someone so fragile that seeing someone quietly kneel hurts their poor little feelings.