ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Luck IS throwing footballs (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45260)

Coltsalr 06-12-2018 01:54 PM

Luck IS throwing footballs

Here marks the day in history:

https://twitter.com/colts/status/100...737472512?s=21

Racehorse 06-12-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 69756)

Tomorrow will be the key. If he can continue without lingering pain, then all is good.

Chaka 06-12-2018 04:12 PM

Per Zak Keefer on Twitter:

2 standout quotes from #Colts QB Andrew Luck today:

Of the pain that persisted last fall:

"It’s gone. That pain is gone and it’s going to stay that way."

Of playing Week 1:

"Absolutely. No knock on wood. I’ll be playing. I believe it in my bones."

Pez 06-12-2018 04:49 PM

Best news all week...

Maniac 06-12-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 69777)
Tomorrow will be the key. If he can continue without lingering pain, then all is good.

Looks like he has been throwing in secret recently, so he's fine. He would have had pain during that time if so, and it doesn't sound like he has any issues.

rcubed 06-12-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 69795)
Looks like he has been throwing in secret recently, so he's fine. He would have had pain during that time if so, and it doesn't sound like he has any issues.

yeah, no way that was the first time he threw. he has been doing it behind closed doors for a bit now.

Dam8610 06-12-2018 05:58 PM

Best news we could hope for.

YDFL Commish 06-12-2018 07:00 PM

Four things:
  1. This is GREAT news!
  2. I never had any doubt that Luck would be ready for TC
  3. Watch out the rest of the AFC South
  4. Don't think for a minute that Luck will not be throwing regulation footballs between the end of mini-camp and TC

DragonTails 06-12-2018 09:09 PM

I am not in Indy but the footage I saw was a loop of him 'tossing' 2 non NFL balls.

I don't think anyone knows - even him, if and when he starts throwing a real football on a line, if he will experience any pain or not.

Yes, they have a plan, but you won't know if he's healed until then.

Just keeping it real. (unlike the colts front office last year)

VeveJones007 06-12-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonTails (Post 69835)
I am not in Indy but the footage I saw was a loop of him 'tossing' 2 non NFL balls.

I don't think anyone knows - even him, if and when he starts throwing a real football on a line, if he will experience any pain or not.

Everything you say is true, but today's news certainly beats him tossing a ball lightly around and being in pain. It's a positive step and shouldn't be trampled on.

VeveJones007 06-12-2018 09:20 PM

I'm certainly no expert on throwing mechanics, but it looked like he's smoothed out the hitch he developed when he first got the shoulder injury.

YDFL Commish 06-12-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

He said he's already thrown a regulation football.

1965southpaw 06-13-2018 12:21 AM

Quote:

He said he started throwing reg footballs (the duke) 3 weeks ago in secret to Frank R.....he swore him to secrecy because he needed to get through the mental hurdle first in private and he wanted to be the one to share the news. He said since then he's been throwing several different kinds of balls (including the duke) to simulate and work on different aspects of the throwing mechanics. True today he threw the college size ball but I saw Reggie on NFL Total Access interview and Reggie caught all 10 of his passes and said even through they weren't long passes they had a lot of zip and a very tight spiril.

VeveJones007 06-14-2018 08:52 AM

FWIW, Luck threw some of his public passes yesterday with a regulation NFL ball.

Dam8610 06-14-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 69970)
FWIW, Luck threw some of his public passes yesterday with a regulation NFL ball.

So what you're saying is even coming off a catastrophic injury, Andrew Luck has bigger balls than Tom Brady.

Racehorse 06-14-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 69978)
So what you're saying is even coming off a catastrophic injury, Andrew Luck has bigger balls than Tom Brady.

Everybody knows that!

VeveJones007 06-14-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 69978)

We'll never know for sure because Andrew Luck would never allow D'Qwell Jackson to intercept one of his passes.

Oldcolt 06-14-2018 04:15 PM

Don’t always agree with Doyl but found his take on Luck’s relationship with Reich interesting and enlightening. That he chose to call Reich to throw his first real football to and that Reich it only had the same injury as Luck but has been at all of his workouts bodes well for their relationship which bodes well for the Colts. It’s way early but with this new line and a decent coaching staff life is really looking up for us. Its been a long long time coming

Pez 06-14-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 70018)
Don’t always agree with Doyl but found his take on Luck’s relationship with Reich interesting and enlightening. That he chose to call Reich to throw his first real football to and that Reich it only had the same injury as Luck but has been at all of his workouts bodes well for their relationship which bodes well for the Colts. It’s way early but with this new line and a decent coaching staff life is really looking up for us. Its been a long long time coming

I know lots of people weren't high on taking nelson and smith 1-3, given some of the other players available, but I feel so much better about the line now, and Luck's chances to, well, have a chance.

We have to think the game plan is going to improve, we have to think the line is going to improve. I'm looking forward to this season more than the last two combined.

Brylok 06-14-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 70028)
I know lots of people weren't high on taking nelson and smith 1-3, given some of the other players available, but I feel so much better about the line now, and Luck's chances to, well, have a chance.

We have to think the game plan is going to improve, we have to think the line is going to improve. I'm looking forward to this season more than the last two combined.

I wanted Chubb but after Elway took him I was fine with the Nelson pick. Having watched Auburn, I'm optimistic for Smith. He was a very solid college player and hopefully he'll transition well to the NFL. I feel much better about the oline. I expect the game plan, schemes and everything else to be better since Pagano and crew were finally flushed. We might not be a playoff team, but I have a lot more optimism right now than at any point last year. Let's go!

Butter 06-15-2018 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 70028)
I know lots of people weren't high on taking nelson and smith 1-3, given some of the other players available, but I feel so much better about the line now, and Luck's chances to, well, have a chance

It was not my first choice and I do think better choices could have been made, but odds are very good we have 2 players that will be long-term contributors, I can live with that.

sherck 06-15-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 70057)
It was not my first choice and I do think better choices could have been made, but odds are very good we have 2 players that will be long-term contributors, I can live with that.

The addition of Nelson, Smith and Howard as starter level talent along with the signing of Mewhort and Slauson just really brings a depth to the O-Line that we have not had in forever; certainly not during the Luck era.

Nine guys in the lineup that I trust to start an NFL game.....nine!

OT = Castonzo, Howard, Haeg, Good
OG = Nelson, Smith, Mewhort, Slauson
OC = Kelly

It has been a LONG time since I have felt this good about the O-Line and then by extension the offense as a whole.

HOWEVER...

Mewhort is a UFA in 2019.
Slauson is a UFA in 2019.
Howard is a UFA in 2019.
Good is a UFA in 2019.

Castonzo is a UFA in 2020.
Haeg is an UFA in 2020.

Kelly with the 5th year option can be a UFA in 2021 (2020 if not exercised)
Smith will be a UFA in 2022.
Nelson with a 5th year option can be a UFA in 2023 (2022 if not exercised)

You CANNOT sit on a deep position group. You have to keep feeding it .

The Colts need to us a 1st round - 4th round pick on O-Line in 3 out of every 4 draft classes if it is going to keep being superior. It cannot be a one year fix and forget.

Walk Worthy,

omahacolt 06-15-2018 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 70069)
The addition of Nelson, Smith and Howard as starter level talent along with the signing of Mewhort and Slauson just really brings a depth to the O-Line that we have not had in forever; certainly not during the Luck era.

Nine guys in the lineup that I trust to start an NFL game.....nine!

OT = Castonzo, Howard, Haeg, Good
OG = Nelson, Smith, Mewhort, Slauson
OC = Kelly

It has been a LONG time since I have felt this good about the O-Line and then by extension the offense as a whole.

HOWEVER...

Mewhort is a UFA in 2019.
Slauson is a UFA in 2019.
Howard is a UFA in 2019.
Good is a UFA in 2019.

Castonzo is a UFA in 2020.
Haeg is an UFA in 2020.

Kelly with the 5th year option can be a UFA in 2021 (2020 if not exercised)
Smith will be a UFA in 2022.
Nelson with a 5th year option can be a UFA in 2023 (2022 if not exercised)

You CANNOT sit on a deep position group. You have to keep feeding it .

The Colts need to us a 1st round - 4th round pick on O-Line in 3 out of every 4 draft classes if it is going to keep being superior. It cannot be a one year fix and forget.

Walk Worthy,

Every year we should be getting an Oline and dline player in the first four rounds. I agree with that. Have to keep the lines stacked

Pez 06-15-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 70076)
Every year we should be getting an Oline and dline player in the first four rounds. I agree with that. Have to keep the lines stacked

Agree with both you guys. Seems like opportunities in FA for DL/ OL talent are rare unless you can find a team with cap issues, in which case we would probably end up over paying.

Butter 06-15-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

i 'm down with that

Oldcolt 06-15-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

You cannot win big time without good lines. Agree completely

JAFF 06-15-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 70099)
You cannot win big time without good lines. Agree completely

If you look at the AFC south, that's where the other teams have spent a lot of money. How do you stop a good qb? Get to him on the rush and RUN the ball.