ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Luck IS throwing footballs (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45260)

Butter 06-15-2018 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 70028)
I know lots of people weren't high on taking nelson and smith 1-3, given some of the other players available, but I feel so much better about the line now, and Luck's chances to, well, have a chance

It was not my first choice and I do think better choices could have been made, but odds are very good we have 2 players that will be long-term contributors, I can live with that.

sherck 06-15-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 70057)
It was not my first choice and I do think better choices could have been made, but odds are very good we have 2 players that will be long-term contributors, I can live with that.

The addition of Nelson, Smith and Howard as starter level talent along with the signing of Mewhort and Slauson just really brings a depth to the O-Line that we have not had in forever; certainly not during the Luck era.

Nine guys in the lineup that I trust to start an NFL game.....nine!

OT = Castonzo, Howard, Haeg, Good
OG = Nelson, Smith, Mewhort, Slauson
OC = Kelly

It has been a LONG time since I have felt this good about the O-Line and then by extension the offense as a whole.

HOWEVER...

Mewhort is a UFA in 2019.
Slauson is a UFA in 2019.
Howard is a UFA in 2019.
Good is a UFA in 2019.

Castonzo is a UFA in 2020.
Haeg is an UFA in 2020.

Kelly with the 5th year option can be a UFA in 2021 (2020 if not exercised)
Smith will be a UFA in 2022.
Nelson with a 5th year option can be a UFA in 2023 (2022 if not exercised)

You CANNOT sit on a deep position group. You have to keep feeding it .

The Colts need to us a 1st round - 4th round pick on O-Line in 3 out of every 4 draft classes if it is going to keep being superior. It cannot be a one year fix and forget.

Walk Worthy,

omahacolt 06-15-2018 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 70069)
The addition of Nelson, Smith and Howard as starter level talent along with the signing of Mewhort and Slauson just really brings a depth to the O-Line that we have not had in forever; certainly not during the Luck era.

Nine guys in the lineup that I trust to start an NFL game.....nine!

OT = Castonzo, Howard, Haeg, Good
OG = Nelson, Smith, Mewhort, Slauson
OC = Kelly

It has been a LONG time since I have felt this good about the O-Line and then by extension the offense as a whole.

HOWEVER...

Mewhort is a UFA in 2019.
Slauson is a UFA in 2019.
Howard is a UFA in 2019.
Good is a UFA in 2019.

Castonzo is a UFA in 2020.
Haeg is an UFA in 2020.

Kelly with the 5th year option can be a UFA in 2021 (2020 if not exercised)
Smith will be a UFA in 2022.
Nelson with a 5th year option can be a UFA in 2023 (2022 if not exercised)

You CANNOT sit on a deep position group. You have to keep feeding it .

The Colts need to us a 1st round - 4th round pick on O-Line in 3 out of every 4 draft classes if it is going to keep being superior. It cannot be a one year fix and forget.

Walk Worthy,

Every year we should be getting an Oline and dline player in the first four rounds. I agree with that. Have to keep the lines stacked

Pez 06-15-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 70076)
Every year we should be getting an Oline and dline player in the first four rounds. I agree with that. Have to keep the lines stacked

Agree with both you guys. Seems like opportunities in FA for DL/ OL talent are rare unless you can find a team with cap issues, in which case we would probably end up over paying.

Butter 06-15-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

i 'm down with that

Oldcolt 06-15-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

You cannot win big time without good lines. Agree completely

JAFF 06-15-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 70099)
You cannot win big time without good lines. Agree completely

If you look at the AFC south, that's where the other teams have spent a lot of money. How do you stop a good qb? Get to him on the rush and RUN the ball.