ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Silver Lining, Colts Fans!! (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16603)

sherck 09-05-2017 02:27 PM

Silver Lining, Colts Fans!!

The Colts are about $20m under the cap for 2017. With needed "churn" space from in-season roster moves (mostly to replace players going to season ending IR), I bet that they roll more than $17m of it into 2018.

If the 2018 cap rises as expected to around $175m, then the Colts will be about around $70m under that number.

Added together, Ballard will have around $85m in cap space to re-sign our own (Moncrief, Mewhort and V Davis being the high priced targets) and sign new talent.

A bad season in 2017 also increases the chances of finding some studs in the 2018 draft for a new Head Coach to mold into future pro-bowlers!

So, enjoy the 2017 season as we can and know that the future is still pretty bright!

Keep repeating to yourself all season "young player talent development.......young player talent development......"

Walk Worthy,

indycolts2 09-05-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 24404)
The Colts are about $20m under the cap for 2017. With needed "churn" space from in-season roster moves (mostly to replace players going to season ending IR), I bet that they roll more than $17m of it into 2018.

If the 2018 cap rises as expected to around $175m, then the Colts will be about around $70m under that number.

Added together, Ballard will have around $85m in cap space to re-sign our own (Moncrief, Mewhort and V Davis being the high priced targets) and sign new talent.

A bad season in 2017 also increases the chances of finding some studs in the 2018 draft for a new Head Coach to mold into future pro-bowlers!

So, enjoy the 2017 season as we can and know that the future is still pretty bright!

Keep repeating to yourself all season "young player talent development.......young player talent development......"

Walk Worthy,

So reading between the lines you could say we should have a much better QB situation. However because of the great unknown in the medical community about "simple labrum repair" as Irsay phrased it they didn't think it would take this long for Luck to return to the field and essentially relegated the Colts to a shit season because apparently everyone got it wrong.

That's right............I'm whining like a little bitch while I'm stuck in Laredo, Texas 2,000 miles from home waiting for a phone call to get the wheels rolling again, what else am I gonna do?

GoBigBlue88 09-05-2017 04:42 PM

The Colts will always have ample cap space so long as they don't have talent worth paying to re-sign.

Oldcolt 09-05-2017 05:08 PM

I agree but I'm still bummed. Have to watch the way I did for all those years pre-Manning. I'll be watching player develop. The miracles I'll be hoping for is for someone to play average right tackle and (here it goes) for Green to turn into a big time corner. Give myself less than 5% of both happening but I've been wrong so many times in my life who knows?

omahacolt 09-05-2017 05:20 PM

we better come away with more talent next offseason. still underwhelmed with who ballard brought in on paper. i do think he is a smart guy so we will see how that works out.

DrSpaceman 09-05-2017 09:04 PM

The silver lining to this season will hopefully occur when Pagano is fired.

Colt Classic 09-05-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 24484)

...from a cannon

bertjones 09-05-2017 11:41 PM

It sounds good. But this is where we were in Grigson's second year,
all the cap room in the world and a franchise QB to build around.
And now 5 years have passed, the QB has aged some, been beaten up
some and the team has improved not one iota . So this is it, this is the last
opportunity to build around a once in a generation QB prospect.
And if it fails doctorate papers(assuming there is a field called sports
management) will be written about this calamity. Not that there's a lot
of pressure.

natagu23 09-06-2017 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 24484)

Yeah. He has to go.

We can have a world of talent and he could still f**k it up.

Dam8610 09-06-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natagu23 (Post 24523)
We can have a world of talent and he could still f**k it up.

I don't understand how you can believe that given that he's never been provided anything close to that, especially on defense.