ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   That didn't take long (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107449)

JAFF 10-13-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 172089)
"Ownership". That's rich. Go back and look at my posts. I supported Luck right up until he quit. It's all still there, go read it. Read my posts about other players.

I'm pro player 80% of the time. I wanted to keep Freeney and Bethea. I supported Vonte Davis during his problems and when he left to Buffalo and retired at halftime. I laughed about it but I supported him. I supported Dwayne Allen up until he left. I still don't know what happened there with his decline and then falling out with the team and media. I supported Mathis during the steroid thing. It was fishy as hell, but I supported him. I supported Ebron when he put himself on IR and basically said "F this, I'm out". It's all there.

I was very critical with McAfee when it was announced that he was retiring to go to Boston and work for Bartool Sports. He'd been doing goofy shit during games like trying to hit the scoreboard in Jerry World. He left in the off-season and allowed time to find a replacement. I was not supportive of the likes of Satele, McGlynn, T-Rich, or LaRon Landry. That's just off the top of my head. "Ownership". Get outta here with that nonsense.

So as long as they leave on terms you approve of, its ok? 2023 I plan on retiring. That ok?

Brylok 10-13-2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 172098)
So as long as they leave on terms you approve of, its ok? 2023 I plan on retiring. That ok?

I couldn't care less what you do, with your troll ass. Whatever.

JAFF 10-14-2020 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 172110)
I couldn't care less what you do, with your troll ass. Whatever.

Lol, right

Hoopsdoc 10-14-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 172064)
I guess it doesn’t register with you that when he had his liver lacerated, He could’ve died right there on the field in front of the fans.

I think I saw almost every game Andrew luck played and I can say that I never felt cheated by his efforts. I can’t prove this, but it seems to me that he just couldn’t give that effort anymore. In the short time he played in Indianapolis, he was so beat up he just couldn’t play up to his own expectations.

I’m not sure why you feel ownership of this person. That somehow Andrew luck owes you something. I really believe you need to put that burden down.

One can be critical of the timing of Lucks decision and the hell it left the franchise in and still agree that he had every right to make that decision.

JAFF 10-14-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 172138)
One can be critical of the timing of Lucks decision and the hell it left the franchise in and still agree that he had every right to make that decision.

When would the best time be?

He rehabbed all off season through preseason and he wasnt getting better. Should he stay, play like crap or stay and take up a roster spot, and not play all season because he couldnt?

He was an athlete his whole life and now he wasnt. He couldnt be what he had been.

My career is in my head, and short of some unforeseen event, I’ll get to retirement. I will have 36 years in my profession. A long time. Luck played 6 years missing one year due to injury. A lifetime for some in football. I never faced losing my job due to physical injury. He faced it every game. In his 30’s he is forced out of something he loves, and now must reinvent himself.

Its a game. A violent, brutal game. Would people prefer he went out like Junior Seau?

Hoopsdoc 10-15-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 172175)
When would the best time be?

He rehabbed all off season through preseason and he wasnt getting better. Should he stay, play like crap or stay and take up a roster spot, and not play all season because he couldnt?

He was an athlete his whole life and now he wasnt. He couldnt be what he had been.

My career is in my head, and short of some unforeseen event, I’ll get to retirement. I will have 36 years in my profession. A long time. Luck played 6 years missing one year due to injury. A lifetime for some in football. I never faced losing my job due to physical injury. He faced it every game. In his 30’s he is forced out of something he loves, and now must reinvent himself.

Its a game. A violent, brutal game. Would people prefer he went out like Junior Seau?

I’m not begrudging him anything. He had to do what was best for him, just as all of us do

At the same time, there’s no denying he completely screwed the organization, possibly for many many years to come.

Both of these things can be true.

Oldcolt 10-15-2020 10:11 AM

Best time would have been after he won a Super Bowl.

njcoltfan 10-15-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 172235)
I’m not begrudging him anything. He had to do what was best for him, just as all of us do

At the same time, there’s no denying he completely screwed the organization, possibly for many many years to come.

He should have called it a career instead of coming back after the year off. He had the organization poise for a Super Bowl run, especially after winning comeback player of the year, but instead he leaves the team

JAFF 10-16-2020 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 172235)

It hurt the Colts, no question there. If it wear easy to find a franchise Qb, everybody would have one.

Chromeburn 10-16-2020 09:59 AM

I see it as a moot point. Retiring hurt the Colts, but only if he was healthy and he could play. But he wasn’t healthy anymore and wasn’t playing, just eating up cap space and gobs of potential. I think fans are mostly missing what could have been, not what it really was.