ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pete Prisco mock draft 1.0 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159906)

JAFF 03-21-2023 10:29 PM

Pete Prisco mock draft 1.0

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-trading-down/

Have fun

Dam8610 03-21-2023 11:01 PM

That would make me disinterested in football for at least 2023, probably well beyond.

IndyNorm 03-21-2023 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 262264)
That would make me disinterested in football for at least 2023, probably well beyond.

I think we all know now who we absolutely want the Colts draft!!!

Dam8610 03-21-2023 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 262267)
I think we all know now who we absolutely want the Colts draft!!!

It's more the combination. The Texans getting Stroud and the Colts getting Levis is about the worst possible long term outcome.

IndyNorm 03-22-2023 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 262268)
It's more the combination. The Texans getting Stroud and the Colts getting Levis is about the worst possible long term outcome.

Noted. What if the Panthers go w/ Stroud, Texans Young, and Colts Levis? Will you give up then too, or do we strictly have to pull for Stroud to the Texans and Levis to the Colts?

Dam8610 03-22-2023 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 262269)
Noted. What if the Panthers go w/ Stroud, Texans Young, and Colts Levis? Will you give up then too, or do we strictly have to pull for Stroud to the Texans and Levis to the Colts?

I don't understand why you would want a decade plus of second to fourth place finishes either way. Bryce Young's size is at least a limitation to his growth potential, and while I wouldn't/hopefully won't be happy with him as the Texans starter, that's nowhere near as bad as the Texans getting CJ Stroud. As for the Colts, the best thing that can come of a Will Levis draft pick in my opinion is a high likelihood of being close enough to the #1 pick in the 2024 draft that if Caleb Williams and Drake Maye pan out as advertised, the Colts would have a shot at one of them. The problem with that is that the front office might be too stubborn at that point, decide to stick with Levis, and we're looking at another decade plus of futility while the Texans build something similar to the 2000s Colts.

apballin 03-22-2023 10:16 AM

JMV is standing on his rumor that they like Levis

Brylok 03-22-2023 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 262281)
JMV is standing on his rumor that they like Levis

I think it's definitely going to be Levis. His bicep tattoo will play big in Indiana, too.

YDFL Commish 03-22-2023 11:04 AM

I believe that Prisco has it right and that is how it will play out for the first 4 picks.

When Irsay said "that Alabama kid sure looks good" at the Steichen presser, it got Reich to over thinking things and convince Carolina to move up to #1 to ensure that they get Young.

Also the signing of Minshew is a clear indication that the Colts are taking a developmental QB, which leaves Levis or Richardson.

Chromeburn 03-22-2023 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 262272)
I don't understand why you would want a decade plus of second to fourth place finishes either way. Bryce Young's size is at least a limitation to his growth potential, and while I wouldn't/hopefully won't be happy with him as the Texans starter, that's nowhere near as bad as the Texans getting CJ Stroud. As for the Colts, the best thing that can come of a Will Levis draft pick in my opinion is a high likelihood of being close enough to the #1 pick in the 2024 draft that if Caleb Williams and Drake Maye pan out as advertised, the Colts would have a shot at one of them. The problem with that is that the front office might be too stubborn at that point, decide to stick with Levis, and we're looking at another decade plus of futility while the Texans build something similar to the 2000s Colts.

Carolina is probably picking Stroud. But rumors are that some of the panthers top people are enamored with Richardson’s potential. I don’t see Stroud going to Houston. I think there is bad blood there since he has the same agent as Watson.