ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Free Agents Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1597)

Brylok 03-21-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 7546)
Aiken is by far the best free agent WR we've ever brought in, that I can remember.
Grigson's guys were all problematic in various ways or had been injured. Avery, DHB, that other guy. Aiken is starter level who was def just a forgotten guy in Baltimore.

Other guy was Hakeem Nicks. Brandon Stokley was my favorite WR ever brought in but I'm happy about the Aiken signing.

Puck 03-21-2017 01:31 PM

Ballard and Grigs both like them some TE's

Peter Schrager‏Verified account @PSchrags

Free agent TE Mychal Rivera is leaving his visit with Jets without signing a deal. Will visit with the Colts in Indy next. @gmfb @NFLonFOX

sherck 03-21-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 7577)

Free agent TE Mychal Rivera is leaving his visit with Jets without signing a deal. Will visit with the Colts in Indy next. @gmfb @NFLonFOX

I cannot remember where it was stated but the Colts ran the most 2TE snaps in the league last year.

We need at least 3 viable NFL TEs in order to run the offense like Chud wants.

Brandon Williams smells like a ST signing to me; not a viable NFL TE.

Cheers,

Dam8610 03-21-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 7556)
The main issue being is that he has only ever played as a 4-3 Undertackle playing in a 1-gap system both at MIA and JAX.

I am not positive that his skills translate into a 3-4 2-gap 5-tech DE well.

Cheers,

This defensive system is supposed to have a DT position that is akin to the 4-3 UT as I understand it. He would fit that position fine.

GoBigBlue88 03-21-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

To be fair, where this team has a shit feel for so many positions, TE is one of the positions where they seem to have a Midas touch.

YDFL Commish 03-21-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 7581)
I cannot remember where it was stated but the Colts ran the most 2TE snaps in the league last year.

We need at least 3 viable NFL TEs in order to run the offense like Chud wants.

Brandon Williams smells like a ST signing to me; not a viable NFL TE.

Cheers,

Other than Doyle, none of these guys are what I would call physical, blocking TE's. We need to find a snot knocker who can help out is short yardage.

I don't want Doyle's role reduced to strictly blocking again, at $6 million + per year either.

Spike 03-21-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

No brainer really, Luck vs. whatever hack the Jets are going to throw out there.

sherck 03-21-2017 04:02 PM

Hahahaha, ATL signed Thornton.

Matt Ryan's sack rate rises in 3......2........1......

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

omahacolt 03-21-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 7595)
Hahahaha, ATL signed Thornton.

Matt Ryan's sack rate rises in 3......2........1......

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good for him.

If he can stay healthy, I bet he does well

VeveJones007 03-21-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 7527)
If that's true, then fire the moron already. I don't see someone intentionally signing average guys just to wait for the next head coach.

It was reported they tried to sign Poe, so it sounds like they DID try to go after at least one big name free agent. They may have tried to offer deals to others, we don't know what all is happening there.

Two very reasonable explanations for not firing Pagano:

1) It was so late in the offseason that the new coach would not have his pick of assistants. Also, it would be hard to put in a new offense when the QB is out the entire offseason.

2) Irsay could be stalling until PM is on board so that he can pick the coach.