ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official 2018 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41057)

VeveJones007 04-22-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 63805)
Couldn't ask for much more from Day 1 of the draft than this:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...aker-mayfield/

Mayfield is going 3 unless Darnold is still on the board. Also, I would be a little surprised that CLE and DEN didn’t accept the Bills offer.

Dam8610 04-22-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 63820)
Mayfield is going 3 unless Darnold is still on the board. Also, I would be a little surprised that CLE and DEN didn’t accept the Bills offer.

I don't care which QB is there, I care that someone wants to move up for them, the Colts get great value, and ending up with Edmunds and Davenport on Day 1 would be a huge win, certainly more than I'd expect.

VeveJones007 04-22-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 63823)
I don't care which QB is there, I care that someone wants to move up for them, the Colts get great value, and ending up with Edmunds and Davenport on Day 1 would be a huge win, certainly more than I'd expect.

Fair. I just believe that the chance of a trade down is smaller than some seem to expect.

Racehorse 04-22-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 63835)
Fair. I just believe that the chance of a trade down is smaller than some seem to expect.

Somebody is going to trade up, either with us or with one ahead of us.

Well, maybe

FatDT 04-22-2018 04:28 PM

Is Davenport going to be a great player? Seems like kind of a project.

ZiaColt 04-22-2018 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 63835)

I don't know if I think the chance of trading down is smaller, but I suspect the return to the Colts for doing so might be somewhat smaller than what some are hoping for. IMO the Bills GM would be nuts to give up BOTH #12 and #22 just to get to #6 and (maybe) get the 4th-best QB in the draft. If anything, I'd think it might take the possibility of moving to #5, #4 or even #2 to get the Bills interested in that kind of scenario.

But that's not to say a trade down with the Bills would be impossible, or even unworthy of consideration, especially since they also have two 2nd rounders. Maybe Ballard offers #6 for #12, #53, and #56, Bills counter with an offer of #12, #56 and #65, and the two sides agree on #12, #53 and #65. Bills still get a shot at their (supposed) QB of the future, Colts end up with 7 of the first 67 picks.

With #12, Edmunds or Smith might still be there (and more justifiable IMO than up at #6) and, if not, likely another defensive player like Fitzpatrick, Ward or James would still be there.

VeveJones007 04-22-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 63837)
Somebody is going to trade up, either with us or with one ahead of us.

Well, maybe

I’m expecting the latter. 4 QBs will go in the Top 5.

YDFL Commish 04-22-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 63847)
I’m expecting the latter. 4 QBs will go in the Top 5.

I think it depends on which QB Cleveland takes. My instinct is that the Giants only want Darnold. If he's taken, then they will look to trade down if possible. If a deal is not worked out, I see them taking Barkley.

As for the Colts, it has to be Chubb or trade down.

Maniac 04-22-2018 09:22 PM

I think either Cleveland or Denver trades down with Buffalo instead of us getting to do so.

I think the Colts stay put and take Roquan Smith a bit earlier than people think if Chubb is gone.

Puck 04-22-2018 09:29 PM

Barkley and Chubb will be gone before we pick at 6. Nelson will be available and no one is going to want to trade up. We will pick at 6 or take a lot less than most think on here. If we pick at 6 and Nelson is there..... He would be the BPA