ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2020 draft thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95886)

smitty46953 02-11-2020 01:11 PM

2020 draft thread

Personally out on a limb prediction but I see Dolphins trading the 1.05 & 2.07 to the Lions to insure that they get Tua Tagovailoa.

Then the Lions trading the 1.05 to the Colts for the 1.13 & 2.02

Colts then take Justin Herbert leap frogging the Chargers @ 1.06 to do so?

Give Herbert this season or part of it to learn and step in for Jacoby next year or earlier should Brissett falter.

WORKING ON A 1ST ROUND MOCK :eek:

HoosierinFL 02-11-2020 03:14 PM

I've went hot, cold, and then hot again about Love.
I feel like I still want Kinlaw more than any QB not named Burrow.

smitty46953 02-11-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 153726)
I've went hot, cold, and then hot again about Love.
I feel like I still want Kinlaw more than any QB not named Burrow.

I don't think Kinlaw falls past the Jags at 1.09 :cool:

Chromeburn 02-12-2020 08:50 PM

We should have traded up for Simmons last draft. That's who I wanted. Kinlaw might not make it.

Its such a deep draft at WR we could get good ones later on. But I think Jeudy is the safest pick in the draft. I think he will be a 10 year vet at least and a multiple pro bowler. I like the comparisons to Marvin Harrison, the guys routes are just outstanding, he is always open, always.

rcubed 02-13-2020 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 153836)
But I think Jeudy is the safest pick in the draft. I think he will be a 10 year vet at least and a multiple pro bowler. I like the comparisons to Marvin Harrison, the guys routes are just outstanding, he is always open, always.

Might depend who is throwing to him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chromeburn 02-13-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 153841)
Might depend who is throwing to him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but if the QB isn’t there, doesn’t mean we can’t get a WR. We drafted Marvin before Peyton. Worked out ok.

Puck 02-13-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 153729)
I don't think Kinlaw falls past the Jags at 1.09 :cool:

I'd rather trade up for him than take one any of these QB's besides Burrow or Tua

smitty46953 02-14-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 153881)
I'd rather trade up for him than take one any of these QB's besides Burrow or Tua

I could be wrong, but I like Herbert too... :cool:

JAFF 02-14-2020 07:58 PM

Almost everything is dependent upon whether or not we need a left tackle. If we need a left tackle due to an early retirement you trade up and go get one. Because it doesn’t matter who will be playing quarterback if you get steamrolled every dog on time he goes back to throw.

If Costanzo decides to stay then you trade up if the quarterback that you want is still there within reach in the first six pics.

If the quarterback you really wanted goes really early, can you trade up so that you can get the best pass rusher in the draft who still available.

The Colts have a lot of pics and they have a lot of leverage to go get whoever they want. And I know this may sound crazy but if Drew Brees is hanging around he might want to come back to Indiana I’m not saying I’m just saying

Chromeburn 02-14-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 153970)
Almost everything is dependent upon whether or not we need a left tackle. If we need a left tackle due to an early retirement you trade up and go get one. Because it doesn’t matter who will be playing quarterback if you get steamrolled every dog on time he goes back to throw.

If Costanzo decides to stay then you trade up if the quarterback that you want is still there within reach in the first six pics.

If the quarterback you really wanted goes really early, can you trade up so that you can get the best pass rusher in the draft who still available.

The Colts have a lot of pics and they have a lot of leverage to go get whoever they want. And I know this may sound crazy but if Drew Brees is hanging around he might want to come back to Indiana I’m not saying I’m just saying

We don’t need to trade up for an LT. There are plenty in this draft. Unless you want the very best one. But we could sit at 13 or even trade down and still get a decent LT in this draft. We could get one in the 2nd, might be more of a gamble. But that’s how many there are this draft.

But everything starts with that QB position. If they trade up, it’s for a QB. If we stay with JB, and don’t draft one, then it’s a rebuild year and probably embracing mediocrity again. If they like love, they might be able to trade back a little and get him. But it starts to get risky there. You fuck around too much and someone will jump in front of you and take your guy. And yeah there is the FA vet route as well. That is a win now proposition.

If they stick with JB and Castonzo retire, we probably draft LT
If we stick with JB and Castonzo stays, we probably draft DT
If we go FA vet QB and Castonzo leaves, we probably draft LT
If we go FA vet QB and Castonzo stays, we probably draft WR

Or we go after a QB in the draft