ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Aaf? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67181)

dwilli57 02-07-2019 10:02 AM

Aaf?

As most of you know I rarely post but was interested to know what anyone's thoughts are on the new AAF football setup now that we're basically waiting for the draft.

I plan on watching to see but, like Arena, XFL, CFL and others, not really sure if this will be worth watching. 8 teams, 10 week season, 2 week playoff in late April, Polian, Ebersol, Polamalu and others....just not sure.

Pez 02-07-2019 10:24 AM

I will try and catch a game, there's no teams near me. It might be interesting. Like Arena football, it will Not be showcasing top talent. I doubt it will be something I follow very often.

Butter 02-09-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 109336)
I will try and catch a game, there's no teams near me. It might be interesting. Like Arena football, it will Not be showcasing top talent. I doubt it will be something I follow very often.

I am pretty happy to have offseason football.

Racehorse 02-10-2019 09:03 AM

I thought this was about one of our posters, AAF. He was all about Freeney,so he chose that acronym. I wonder where he got to.

Brylok 02-11-2019 02:35 PM

I watched most of the second half of the Atlanta vs Orlando game. It was a blowout. Matt Simms is absolutely awful and they finally replaced him with Aaron Murray and he was somehow even worse. There were some big hits that wouldn't be allowed in the NFL, and the defense is allowed to play. That was nice to watch. I might watch more.

dwilli57 02-11-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 109579)
I watched most of the second half of the Atlanta vs Orlando game. It was a blowout. Matt Simms is absolutely awful and they finally replaced him with Aaron Murray and he was somehow even worse. There were some big hits that wouldn't be allowed in the NFL, and the defense is allowed to play. That was nice to watch. I might watch more.

I watched most of the SD v San Antonio game, Bercovici, SD's qb was awful, too. Not sure it was all him but their line was horrible. I was going to root for Memphis...heard they were the Colt's affiliate (not sure I believe that, thought they were all on their own) and Hackenburg is a PSU guy and I'm from PA but god he sucks and they got shut out.

Halftime @ SD/SA Curt Warner said the games were going well but all needed some line help. He's right. I'll prbly watch but it's definitely a "developmental" league. Games are fast though.

ZionsvilleColtsFan 02-15-2019 09:55 PM

Aaf

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwilli57 (Post 109334)
As most of you know I rarely post but was interested to know what anyone's thoughts are on the new AAF football setup now that we're basically waiting for the draft.

I plan on watching to see but, like Arena, XFL, CFL and others, not really sure if this will be worth watching. 8 teams, 10 week season, 2 week playoff in late April, Polian, Ebersol, Polamalu and others....just not sure.

I like the idea that its being used as a potential springboard for the NFL. Have some interesting names as head coaches.