ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Next head coach (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34943)

DrSpaceman 02-07-2018 01:07 PM

Next head coach

Well I can't say much more about that ****head MCDaniels and that douchebag of an organization. Its all been said

So who are truly the guys to look for now as possible coaches?

I assume two are Reich and Toub.
Frazier has been mentioned as well

There will always be the Harbaugh, Saban rumors, not happening, those are pie in the sky long shots.

Anyone else that seriously should is will be considered?

VeveJones007 02-07-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 54954)
Well I can't say much more about that ****head MCDaniels and that douchebag of an organization. Its all been said

So who are truly the guys to look for now as possible coaches?

I assume two are Reich and Toub.
Frazier has been mentioned as well

There will always be the Harbaugh, Saban rumors, not happening, those are pie in the sky long shots.

Anyone else that seriously should is will be considered?

I think it has to be an offensive head coach. Ballard sounds sold on Eberflus as the DC.

I'd wager it will be either Reich or DeFillippo, most likely Reich.

VeveJones007 02-07-2018 01:54 PM

Colts have requested an interview with Saints Assistant HC/TE coach Dan Campbell.

VeveJones007 02-07-2018 03:25 PM

Interview request also in for Frank Reich. Two offensive coaches. Makes sense that Ballard would think the defensive assistants wouldn't be a problem.

VeveJones007 02-07-2018 03:30 PM

Chap says Campbell interview is Thursday, Reich Friday.

FatDT 02-07-2018 04:33 PM

I remember Campbell, he was interim HC for the Dolphins a few years ago, I think after our former OL coach was fired. Known for being a fiery rah rah guy and being jacked but not exactly HC material.

DrSpaceman 02-07-2018 04:59 PM

No reports of it happening but I wouldn't mind considering Jim Bob Cooter as well

rcubed 02-07-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 55033)
No reports of it happening but I wouldn't mind considering Jim Bob Cooter as well

not sure I can do that just based on principle

Maniac 02-07-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 55033)

Can he change his name?

I need to know, yes or no?

Racehorse 02-07-2018 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 55035)
not sure I can do that just based on principle

I am not sure what you mean here.

omahacolt 02-07-2018 06:39 PM

at this point

i hope it is reich

rcubed 02-07-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 55051)

Can’t take that dude seriously with that name

YDFL Commish 02-07-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 55053)
at this point

i hope it is reich

Totally agree.

1965southpaw 02-07-2018 07:35 PM

Venturi says that Campbell is a "blowhard"....alot of talk but not much beneath the surface. Good enough for me....I say hell no to Campbell we've already had our fill on cheap talk and platitudes from Chuckles.

omahacolt 02-07-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 55071)
Venturi says that Campbell is a "blowhard"....alot of talk but not much beneath the surface. Good enough for me....I say hell no to Campbell we've already had our fill on cheap talk and platitudes from Chuckles.

i don't want campbell either.

i want a more scheme guy. not a tougher version of pagano

rcubed 02-07-2018 08:34 PM

Agree. Hoping for reich.

Dewey 5 02-07-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 55071)

Add in that Parcells called Ballard to endorse Campbell & Parcells is friends with Belichick... So fuck no to Campbell.

YDFL Commish 02-07-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 55084)
Add in that Parcells called Ballard to endorse Campbell & Parcells is friends with Belichick... So fuck no to Campbell.

Parcells is old school and don't know shit about modern football.

Fuck that, we already lived through that for 6 seasons.

Coltsalr 02-07-2018 09:02 PM

Campbell would be Pagano, only he’d be screaming at the guys when they fuck up.

While part of that would be nice to watch, we need a guy that’s more scheme/academic.

Hopefully Reich is that guy.

Puck 02-07-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 55051)

Pretty fucked up character issues. Domestic violence if not mistaken

Puck 02-07-2018 09:07 PM

Frank has always been my top choice. I'll go down eating crow if it's him and he fails

Dewey 5 02-07-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 55090)
Campbell would be Pagano, only he’d be screaming at the guys when they fuck up.

While part of that would be nice to watch, we need a guy that’s more scheme/academic.

Hopefully Reich is that guy.

I'm surprised you want Reich. He has no connection to the cocksucking patriots.

Racehorse 02-07-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 55092)
Frank has always been my top choice. I'll go down eating crow if it's him and he fails

Just don't go full Damtard if he fails and we'll give you a break.

omahacolt 02-07-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 55092)

Really? You didn’t with pep

FatDT 02-07-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 55075)
i don't want campbell either.

i want a more scheme guy. not a tougher version of pagano

He can probably bench more than Pagano though.

1965southpaw 02-07-2018 09:50 PM

Here's a nice summary of Reich's background. I forgot he worked for the colts under Tom Moore..........

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/nfl/...ich/ar-BBIPnHt

Puck 02-07-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 55100)
Really? You didn’t with pep

Wanted Harbaugh who would bring Pep but Hes not ready for NFL again yet

VeveJones007 02-07-2018 11:06 PM

Problem with Reich is that he’s never been “the guy” on the offensive side. In SD, it was Whisenhunt. In PHI, it has been Peterson.

Maybe Reich is a brilliant offensive mind, but we have nothing to lead us to that conclusion.

Butter 02-07-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 55110)
Problem with Reich is that he’s never been “the guy” on the offensive side. In SD, it was Whisenhunt. In PHI, it has been Peterson.

Maybe Reich is a brilliant offensive mind, but we have nothing to lead us to that conclusion.

That is true, but at this point in the process not sure the Colts can be that particular. I am also not all the sure we missed out on a great HC at this point.

Puck 02-08-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 55110)

From what over heard Ballard is very high on bringing in Bevelle as OC. I'd have to find the article but during the interview process one of the reported questions was would you be good with Bevelle as OC

True or not I don't know.

Racehorse 02-08-2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 55111)
That is true, but at this point in the process not sure the Colts can be that particular. I am also not all the sure we missed out on a great HC at this point.

Thanks, Pete!

Coltsalr 02-08-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 55094)
I'm surprised you want Reich. He has no connection to the cocksucking patriots.

I’ve been saying since the beginning that I want a guy that’s offense first.

Reich appears to be the only viable option that fits that bill anymore.

God, this is depressing.

YDFL Commish 02-08-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 55207)

God, this is depressing.

What's depressing?

Losing McDaniel's?

Constantly being harassed about your Pats crush?

Both?

Cocksucking?

Gotta be more clear here my friend.

Spike 02-08-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 55207)
I’ve been saying since the beginning that I want a guy that’s offense first.

Reich appears to be the only viable option that fits that bill anymore.

God, this is depressing.

Not as depressing as having that prick McDouche here and then finding out what a POS he is. We dodged a bullet, be thankful for that.

Mr. Session 02-08-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 55215)
Not as depressing as having that prick McDouche here and then finding out what a POS he is. We dodged a bullet, be thankful for that.

Exactly.

The only thing that's depressing is a few of us were retarded enough to think the cocksucker had grown from his time in Denver.

Thankfully the franchise doesn't have to wait 2-3 years to learn this the hard way. It's over with now.

VeveJones007 02-08-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 55128)
From what over heard Ballard is very high on bringing in Bevelle as OC. I'd have to find the article but during the interview process one of the reported questions was would you be good with Bevelle as OC

True or not I don't know.

If this is the case, then Ballard wants Toub with Bevell as OC.

VeveJones007 02-08-2018 10:40 PM

Eric Edholm is reporting that there may be disagreement between Ballard and Irsay on where to go from here. I could easily see Irsay pushing for Reich and Ballard pushing for Toub.

1965southpaw 02-08-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 55228)
Eric Edholm is reporting that there may be disagreement between Ballard and Irsay on where to go from here. I could easily see Irsay pushing for Reich and Ballard pushing for Toub.

This is very interesting. I could be adding one and one and getting three but JMV was suggesting today that Irsay has re-engaged more closely due to his extreme embarrassment but he was suggesting he has been talking to Polian and Dungy for advice and that's why Frazier's name is in the mix.

Sorry meant to add that JMV said as of yet Taub's name has yet to surface

Dewey 5 02-08-2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 55230)
This is very interesting. I could be adding one and one and getting three but JMV was suggesting today that Irsay has re-engaged more closely due to his extreme embarrassment but he was suggesting he has been talking to Polian and Dungy for advice and that's why Frazier's name is in the mix.

Dungy will push for Frazier for a couple reasons. If he is the HC we are fucked.

1965southpaw 02-09-2018 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 55230)

Hmmmmm.......maybe 1 and 1 really is 3......further evidence to support Irsay's sudden love of Frazier.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rsay-a-big-fan