ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2018 NFL Free Agents (tampering period starts 3/12/18) (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37051)

rcubed 03-06-2018 11:00 PM

Dont dick around and go sign norwell

sherck 03-07-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 57887)
Dont dick around and go sign norwell

You have to compete with probably 10 other teams that have the desire to sign him and the cap space to do so. It is not a matter of not wanting to, it is a matter of being the most compelling location for him to want to come to. Money is a big factor but not the only factor.

That said, I hope Ballard is persuasive.

Walk Worthy,

Oldcolt 03-07-2018 10:48 AM

Watkins, Robinson, Norwell....there are some big time players available this year. Would you spend the money to get one or more of the top tiered free agents if possible? If so what is the maximum you would invest in free agency and do you want to spend it on a few 'great' players or maybe sign players on the second level? I'd realistically like to see us get at least one of these dudes. We've got some 70 odd million to spend. Now can the organization make itself attractive to these guys?

FatDT 03-07-2018 11:27 AM

Don't want Watkins. I don't think he'll ever be great despite his potential.

Dam8610 03-07-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 57913)
Watkins, Robinson, Norwell....there are some big time players available this year. Would you spend the money to get one or more of the top tiered free agents if possible? If so what is the maximum you would invest in free agency and do you want to spend it on a few 'great' players or maybe sign players on the second level? I'd realistically like to see us get at least one of these dudes. We've got some 70 odd million to spend. Now can the organization make itself attractive to these guys?

If it was me, I would throw everything at Norwell and then try to get one of Richardson/Poe, then Bradham and Bowman, then second or lower tier guys at CB, S, WR, and OT.

VeveJones007 03-07-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 57919)
If it was me, I would throw everything at Norwell and then try to get one of Richardson/Poe, then Bradham and Bowman, then second or lower tier guys at CB, S, WR, and OT.

I’m a hard pass on Bowman. Colts need more athleticism at LB than what he can give at this stage of his career.

Dam8610 03-07-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 57933)
I’m a hard pass on Bowman. Colts need more athleticism at LB than what he can give at this stage of his career.

The Colts need a MLB, so if not him, then maybe Hitchens? I'm really just looking for someone better than Morrison and not a rookie.

rcubed 03-07-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 57906)
You have to compete with probably 10 other teams that have the desire to sign him and the cap space to do so. It is not a matter of not wanting to, it is a matter of being the most compelling location for him to want to come to. Money is a big factor but not the only factor.

That said, I hope Ballard is persuasive.

Walk Worthy,

I understand that. The point was stop fucking around and fix the line!

VeveJones007 03-07-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 57941)
The Colts need a MLB, so if not him, then maybe Hitchens? I'm really just looking for someone better than Morrison and not a rookie.

Totally with you there. I think they want Hitchens because he can play either MLB or WILL depending on how the other position works out.

Coltsalr 03-07-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 57941)

Hitchens is supposedly a fait accompli to come to the Colts given that they have Eberflus at DC now

I absolutely love Roquan Smith for ILB and if we trade down we could totally get him.

Rashaan Evans in our #2 spot would also be a great pickup there.