ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts' Quenton Nelson is so good, he's making offensive line highlights a thing (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65118)

Pez 01-09-2019 05:21 PM

Colts' Quenton Nelson is so good, he's making offensive line highlights a thing

USA Today showing some Oline love after the Texans game.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/nfl...hlights-texans

Not a ton most of us haven't seen before, but interesting that OL higlights are in a mainstream source like the McPaper.

Spike 01-09-2019 10:17 PM

QN is a beast. What a hell of a draft pick! Proved everyone wrong that you can't draft a guard that high.

ukcolt 01-10-2019 05:21 AM

He has proven that he could easily have been taken with the 1st overall pick of the draft and he would not be considered to have been a reach. Anyone who makes all pro has proven themselves.

I thought he was the best player in the entire draft before we selected him, but also knew he was highly unlikely to be selected that high because there were so many QB needy teams last year. As happens every year QB's are selected well above where they should be taken. I have said this for the last 30 years.....you build a franchise from the trenches up. Provide decent protection and you can contend with a slightly above average QB. Have a DL that can stop the run and rush the passer and the rest of your defense don't need to be elite level talent.

smitty46953 01-10-2019 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 104948)
QN is a beast. What a hell of a draft pick! Proved everyone wrong that you can't draft a guard that high.

He was my choice from the get go, always wanting "Big Ugly's" :cool:

sherck 01-10-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 104967)
He was my choice from the get go, always wanting "Big Ugly's" :cool:

I would have been happy with either Chubb or, having traded back far enough, McGlinchy but I agree that Nelson was always my top choice.

Any of the three would have made a big impact on our franchise but Nelson has, by far, made the largest one.

Walk Worthy,

DrSpaceman 01-10-2019 08:47 AM

Nelson at guard and Leonard at LB have completely transformed those two units for the team.

Not by themselves, but the attitude and level of play they bring has changed the perception of the team and the state of mind of those two units.

GoBigBlue88 01-10-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 104984)
Nelson at guard and Leonard at LB have completely transformed those two units for the team.

Not by themselves, but the attitude and level of play they bring has changed the perception of the team and the state of mind of those two units.

Yeah, I mean, I think things like "attitude" or "chemistry" are 1,000% overrated in pro football.

But Nelson is really the exception. His attitude has created a higher standard along that OL and guys are just having more fun playing the game. Someone like Castonzo was always good, but now he's playing with more joy and purpose than he ever has before. Kelly was always good, but now he's actually activated because he has someone on either side who can pick up or pass off a stunt.

Luck4Reich 01-10-2019 09:22 AM

Big Q! Great draft pick.

FatDT 01-10-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 104985)
Kelly was always good, but now he's actually activated because he has someone on either side who can pick up or pass off a stunt.

A rising tide lifts all boats. I agree Nelson is a positive presence for the whole OL, but specifically I think Kelly and Nelson make each other significantly better.

1965southpaw 01-10-2019 09:42 AM

Ryan, Ryan!!!!!