ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rivers and the QB situation (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97918)

indcolts18288 03-17-2020 10:24 AM

Rivers and the QB situation

Ok so I promise to finally start posting here again. I admit I got caught up on the Facebook groups out of convenience but thank you Tapatalk lol. So obviously after the trade yesterday that takes us completely out of the Herbert and Love situation. I’m probably one of the few who are ok with riding Jacoby one more season and seeing what he can do with help and health. Now I’m wondering if Ballard might take a WR at 34 and a guy like Eason at 44 or vice versa. He’s an immobile gunslinger but so is Rivers. If we sign Rivers I will be PISSED. If you had to guess, what’s Ballard’s next move? Seriously, he reminds me of Polian but with balls.
Jmo,
Pete [emoji23]
Is Pete still here? What about Mr. Sarcasm? What’s his name?! Why can’t I remember?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smitty46953 03-17-2020 10:32 AM

Sarcasm and Pete didn't make the transition over when the board was updated? :cool:

indcolts18288 03-17-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 156442)
Sarcasm and Pete didn't make the transition over when the board was updated? :cool:

Ok but I’m thinking of someone else. Always a pervert, abrasive, kind of a dick but I really liked him as a poster. He used to write these “quick thoughts” post game threads that were always funny and spot on. He and I were about the same age too and I think he had some health problems and didn’t work. But he was cool. Hope he’s ok.

Luck4Reich 03-17-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indcolts18288 (Post 156446)
Ok but I’m thinking of someone else. Always a pervert, abrasive, kind of a dick but I really liked him as a poster. He used to write these “quick thoughts” post game threads that were always funny and spot on. He and I were about the same age too and I think he had some health problems and didn’t work. But he was cool. Hope he’s ok.

Omaha?

smitty46953 03-17-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indcolts18288 (Post 156446)

Yes, Omahacolt is still here, nice description "Nailed It" :cool:

indcolts18288 03-17-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 156448)
Omaha?

That’s it! Lol
Damn it!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...243ef8b4e6.jpg

rcubed 03-17-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indcolts18288 (Post 156436)
Ok so I promise to finally start posting here again. I admit I got caught up on the Facebook groups out of convenience but thank you Tapatalk lol. So obviously after the trade yesterday that takes us completely out of the Herbert and Love situation. I’m probably one of the few who are ok with riding Jacoby one more season and seeing what he can do with help and health. Now I’m wondering if Ballard might take a WR at 34 and a guy like Eason at 44 or vice versa. He’s an immobile gunslinger but so is Rivers. If we sign Rivers I will be PISSED. If you had to guess, what’s Ballard’s next move? Seriously, he reminds me of Polian but with balls.
Jmo,
Pete [emoji23]
Is Pete still here? What about Mr. Sarcasm? What’s his name?! Why can’t I remember?!

what if we surprise everyone and end up with tommy

Puck 03-17-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Jmo,
Pete [emoji23]

Finally made parole huh?

Puck 03-17-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Jmo,
Pete [emoji23]

I’m pretty sure you southpaw and Dam are the only ones interested in riding Jacoby

indcolts18288 03-17-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 156455)
I’m pretty sure you southpaw and Dam are the only ones interested in riding Jacoby

Figured I was in the minority.

Puck 03-17-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indcolts18288 (Post 156461)
Figured I was in the minority.

You'll get it in a few seconds

indcolts18288 03-17-2020 10:54 AM

I don’t think Jacoby is great and I need him to show a lot more but we already have a ton of cash in him, and he showed flashes. Please don’t show me the damn stills of him missing open receivers, I will debunk those real fast. Like the one of a few guys open while a defender is an inch from his grill? Lol yeah, great example. Does he miss open guys? Yes. But if we build this defense like Ballard is, we just need Jacoby to be “good”. But looks like that’s all moot now as the Rivers signing is about to happen. Well, according to “sources”.

indcolts18288 03-17-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 156462)
You'll get it in a few seconds

Omg [emoji23]
And you’re right as always lol

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-17-2020 10:55 AM

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/stat...27541353365504

Quote:

Per source, Colts, Philip Rivers have not agreed on anything. Yet. But the fact they're still talking makes you believe it's only matter of time. And $$ of course.

indcolts18288 03-17-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 156465)

I hope the deal dies. I hope it’s all garbage and poor sources.

Spike 03-17-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Jmo,
Pete [emoji23]

There are a couple of other guys that have stopped posting. FatDT and GBB. Wonder where they went.

The QB's you mentioned don't excite me at all. I think if Ballard liked any of them, he might have tried to move up in the draft. I wish Luck would reconsider and come back.

smitty46953 03-17-2020 10:58 AM

If Ballard goes with Rivers I look for deal like Brees just signed for 2 years @ $25 per and Ballard will front load it to diminish cap hit next year. Then draft Hurts in 2nd hopefully? :cool:

smitty46953 03-17-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 156468)
I wish Luck would reconsider and come back.

Who ? :rolleyes:

rcubed 03-17-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

There are a couple of other guys that have stopped posting. FatDT and GBB. Wonder where they went.

The QB's you mentioned don't excite me at all. I think if Ballard liked any of them, he might have tried to move up in the draft. I wish Luck would reconsider and come back.

I think GBB gave up for some reason, cant remember exactly what it was.

sherck was good but got all butt-hurt, I think someone (wont say any names) kept on him about god and some shit so he bolted.

smitty46953 03-17-2020 11:04 AM

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet · 5m5 minutes ago

Big news: Based on the previous discussions between the #Panthers organization and Cam Newton’s agents, it has been agreed upon to allow Cam and his agency team to seek a trade. Other details to follow.

:confused:

Any thoughts on Cam ? :cool:

Spike 03-17-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 156470)
Who ? :rolleyes:

My bad, I misspelled Peyton Manning's name.

rm1369 03-17-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 156473)
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet · 5m5 minutes ago

Big news: Based on the previous discussions between the #Panthers organization and Cam Newton’s agents, it has been agreed upon to allow Cam and his agency team to seek a trade. Other details to follow.

:confused:

Any thoughts on Cam ? :cool:

Not a huge fan, but would be an improvement over JB. This is last year on his contract at a reasonable number. In a vacuum I’d probably slightly prefer him to Rivers, but I wouldn’t give up much of anything for him. And I’d want a 2nd year added to his deal.

Spike 03-17-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 156469)
If Ballard goes with Rivers I look for deal like Brees just signed for 2 years @ $25 per and Ballard will front load it to diminish cap hit next year. Then draft Hurts in 2nd hopefully? :cool:

That is too much for Rivers. He is not even close to the QB Brees is. I don't like Brisket, but how much better is Rivers than him at this point? Damn it Luck!

As Colt fans we have been spoiled having Manning and Luck, now we got jack shit at the QB position. I watched 4 or 5 Charger games this past year and Rivers looked terrible. He's washed up just like Brady.

Racehorse 03-17-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Sherck, too

indcolts18288 03-17-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 156469)

I do NOT like Hurts at all and pretty sure Ballard and Reich don’t either. According to stampede blue Ballard and Reich both said the kid has talent but is inaccurate. Then went on to say “there’s a lot of things you can teach a young QB, accuracy is not one of them”
FWIW

Spike 03-17-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 156472)
I think GBB gave up for some reason, cant remember exactly what it was.

sherck was good but got all butt-hurt, I think someone (wont say any names) kept on him about god and some shit so he bolted.

I agree, let's not mention Omaha's name. This is not the forum to be on if you get butt-hurt by some comments.

Spike 03-17-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 156479)
Sherck, too

Yep, he was a really good poster.

indcolts18288 03-17-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 156481)
I agree, let's not mention Omaha's name. This is not the forum to be on if you get butt-hurt by some comments.

Yeah getting butt hurt definitely isn’t a reason to leave and never come back. I liked GBB but there was a softness about him and as we get older we naturally soften up more so he probably could no longer handle it. Lol

Racehorse 03-17-2020 11:21 AM

I will day that I am NOT one who wants Rivers here. However, if we end up with him, I will be hoping that he is enough to get us a couple of trips to the SB.

rm1369 03-17-2020 11:21 AM

Somehow I missed Mariota to the Raiders. Carr needs to be the target.

Racehorse 03-17-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indcolts18288 (Post 156483)
Yeah getting butt hurt definitely isn’t a reason to leave and never come back. I liked GBB but there was a softness about him and as we get older we naturally soften up more so he probably could no longer handle it. Lol

they have pills for that.

indcolts18288 03-17-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 156491)
I will day that I am NOT one who wants Rivers here. However, if we end up with him, I will be hoping that he is enough to get us a couple of trips to the SB.

Pretty much my feeling. Would be great if it were just a one year deal. I will settle down but I just don’t like Rivers. I suppose I’ll deal with it.

Racehorse 03-17-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 156492)

I missed it, too. When did it happen?

indcolts18288 03-17-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 156495)

About 12hrs ago.

Spike 03-17-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indcolts18288 (Post 156483)

Yeah, he was pissed when some of us were ripping Luck a new ass because he quit. Maybe he didn't quite get the fact that it was like a gut punch and we needed to vent. Having said that, Luck did what he thought was best for him, and I can't blame him for that. I just hate the fact that we had a true franchise QB and then poof, he was gone. Now if we have an Andy Dalton and he quit, I wouldn't have given a shit.

Puck 03-17-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 156495)

Heard on NFL network that Mayock always loved him. Also he and Tua went to same high school . both Hawaiians etc etc etc

They may be targeting Tua

indcolts18288 03-17-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 156497)
Yeah, he was pissed when some of us were ripping Luck a new ass because he quit. Maybe he didn't quite get the fact that it was like a gut punch and we needed to vent. Having said that, Luck did what he thought was best for him, and I can't blame him for that. I just hate the fact that we had a true franchise QB and then poof, he was gone. Now if we have an Andy Dalton and he quit, I wouldn't have given a shit.

Shit, I am still pissed. I mean, I do like Luck as a man but that was some asinine BS. We find out in the middle of a pre season game? What do people expect. I was livid. I try not to think about it in too much depth anymore because it completely ruins my day. People coddle these players too much. It sucks that he retired. But it was the timing and the way he went about it that made everyone mad. Luck was really good, perhaps great, but let’s not act like he accomplished soooo much.

rcubed 03-17-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indcolts18288 (Post 156499)
, but let’s not act like he accomplished soooo much.

I think it was more about where the team was headed with luck at the helm rather than what he had done up to that point. gave ballard's plan a huge setback.

albany ed 03-17-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 156491)

Any QB who can get us a couple of trips to the SB is more than I could even hope. That's HOF type stuff.

Spike 03-17-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 156492)

Gruden is an idiot. Carr is 10 times the QB Mariota is. I would take Carr in a heartbeat.