ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts announce completed interview with Eric Bieniemy (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157719)

JAFF 01-12-2023 11:01 PM

Colts announce completed interview with Eric Bieniemy

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eric-bieniemy/

Kansas City Chiefs v Denver Broncos
Getty Images
Colts owner Jim Irsay announced Thursday night that the team has completed an interview with Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy. It is the first known interest in Bieniemy this hiring cycle.

Bieniemy has been a popular candidate the past four hiring cycles.

According to USA Today research, Bieniemy went into this year’s hiring cycle having interviewed for 15 head coaching positions with 14 different teams.

He is in his fifth season as the Chiefs’ offensive coordinator after five seasons as the team’s running backs coach.

Bieniemy was with the Vikings from 2006-10.

The Colts are seeking to replace Frank Riech, who they fired Nov. 7.

Their interview list includes Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn, Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris, Eagles offensive coordinator Shane Steichen, Broncos defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero and Colts special teams coordinator Bubba Ventrone.

ZionsvilleColtsFan 01-13-2023 12:31 AM

Harbaugh

When is the Jim Harbaugh interview?

JAFF 01-13-2023 01:24 AM

My magic 8 ball says “ its in doubt”

rcubed 01-13-2023 01:24 AM

No thanks to Eric.

Hoopsdoc 01-13-2023 10:18 AM

Please no on Bienemy.

He’s a creation of Andy Reid and I know for a fact Chief fans want him gone.

Dewey 5 01-13-2023 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZionsvilleColtsFan (Post 257822)
When is the Jim Harbaugh interview?

There won’t be one.

Colts And Orioles 01-13-2023 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZionsvilleColtsFan (Post 257822)

When is the Jim Harbaugh interview ???

o

They still have not decided whether or not they will bring back Matt Ryan ...... if Ryan gets released, Harbaugh will be playing quarterback for the Colts next year.

o

Colts And Orioles 01-13-2023 12:09 PM

o

If Bieniemy can convince the NFL referees and league officials give the Colts 5 downs on offense, he definitely would be worth considering.

o

nate505 01-13-2023 12:58 PM

I'm confused why the guy has never got a shot. He's been the Offensive Coordinator with one of the most successful offenses in the NFL for years now. Usually that's enough to get you a job somewhere at some point.

Wonder if he's just not a good interview, or has burned bridges in the past that have reverberated around the NFL.

Ironshaft 01-13-2023 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 257847)
I'm confused why the guy has never got a shot. He's been the Offensive Coordinator with one of the most successful offenses in the NFL for years now. Usually that's enough to get you a job somewhere at some point.

Wonder if he's just not a good interview, or has burned bridges in the past that have reverberated around the NFL.

I have interviewed numerous job applicants whom look incredible on paper....and then cannot string words together to form a coherent sentence if it was to save their life in an interview.

I also once choose not to hire a guy because during the 45 minutes interview process, he never once met my eyes. He was always looking somewhere else when talking. Don't know why but that was a complete turnoff.

And finally, I started tracking the number of times a guy said "uh..." in an interview...and stopped doing so when I hit 250. Seriously, he said "uh..." more than 250 times in a 30-40 minute interview. Stop....think....speak. Not a hard sequence to follow.

Lots of reason folks don't get hired for jobs.