ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   so Donald Trump (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=899)

Brylok 02-20-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 2981)
If I'm going to fact-check the Trump Rationalizers here, have to also check: literal neo-Nazis? Referring to Bannon/Breitbart? I think you can tie Bannon to editorial support of alt-right philosophy, but he's not, for example, Milo Yiannopoulus (if you were referring to Bannon).

Stephen Bannon, Sebastian Gorka, and Stephen Miller. There are probably more lurking in the shadows. Milo isn't a neo-nazi. He's an awful human but he's basically a professional troll. He's found a way to make a good living for free. His entire income is from donations from his fans. He's also gay, and not white.

GoBigBlue88 02-20-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 3036)
Stephen Bannon, Sebastian Gorka, and Stephen Miller. There are probably more lurking in the shadows. Milo isn't a neo-nazi. He's an awful human but he's basically a professional troll. He's found a way to make a good living for free. His entire income is from donations from his fans. He's also gay, and not white.

Milo is a walking contradiction but you're right -- it boils down to him being a troll. Any other logic doesn't really matter. It's sad how far trolling gets you in 2017 America.

GoBigBlue88 02-20-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 3024)
Is it different than calling a woman a bitch? or a guy a dick or a prick?

Just curious why you singled out cunt.

Why is so much more offensive?

I think the reason you are having an issue answering is because you really dont have an answer.

Dude, is this really a hill you want to die on?

rcubed 02-20-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 3024)
Is it different than calling a woman a bitch? or a guy a dick or a prick?

Just curious why you singled out cunt.

Why is so much more offensive?

I think the reason you are having an issue answering is because you really dont have an answer.

You are correct, its just a word.

However, I have known many women that dont mind being called names, bitch or whatever. But I have never met one that is ok with cunt. Not sure they really have an explanation either. It is what it is.

Puck 02-20-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 3043)
Dude, is this really a hill you want to die on?

I knew you didnt have an answer

Puck 02-20-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 3044)
You are correct, its just a word.

However, I have known many women that dont mind being called names, bitch or whatever. But I have never met one that is ok with cunt. Not sure they really have an explanation either. It is what it is.

Agree

Spike 02-20-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 2999)
the fear is easy to understand.

old white people and uneducated white people fearing that blacks and mexicans are going to disrupt how great they have had it for hundreds of years.

that is why there is trump

The reality is that democrats didn't turn out to vote for Hillary. If you look at the graph, Trump got less republican votes than the previous two elections. Blame is on Hillary and the democrats. Even her own party didn't want her elected. And this is why there is a Trump in the WH and it has nothing to do with the fear you are talking about. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of your racist view.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11/...rats-vote.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/omribens.../#1e7ceb9540a1

omahacolt 02-20-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 3057)
The reality is that democrats didn't turn out to vote for Hillary. If you look at the graph, Trump got less republican votes than the previous two elections. Blame is on Hillary and the democrats. Even her own party didn't want her elected. And this is why there is a Trump in the WH and it has nothing to do with the fear you are talking about. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of your racist view.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11/...rats-vote.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/omribens.../#1e7ceb9540a1

i understand that hillary was a terrible candidate.

but you are fucking kidding me if you think race doesn't play a role with trump and a god damn huge role.

people like to hide from it and i always wonder what they do for a living? where do they go? because daily i see people saying horrific racist shit.

Brylok 02-21-2017 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 3042)
Milo is a walking contradiction but you're right -- it boils down to him being a troll. Any other logic doesn't really matter. It's sad how far trolling gets you in 2017 America.

It's more sad that the Republican party has turned politics into a my-team-versus-your-team type of sporting event. They now support a vulgar, Russian agent conman as POTUS. The latest reports I've read state that Trump was recruited by the Russians way back in 1986. Putin recently had Trump's recruiter killed. They're trying to get rid of the ties to his treason. I'm no Reagan fan, but he must be spinning in his grave right now, if corpses could spin.

GoBigBlue88 02-21-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 3069)
It's more sad that the Republican party has turned politics into a my-team-versus-your-team type of sporting event. They now support a vulgar, Russian agent conman as POTUS. The latest reports I've read state that Trump was recruited by the Russians way back in 1986. Putin recently had Trump's recruiter killed. They're trying to get rid of the ties to his treason. I'm no Reagan fan, but he must be spinning in his grave right now, if corpses could spin.

Are the Democrats any less guilty of that divide, though? Believe me, I personally think GOP obstructionism is a huge reason we find ourselves in many of the sinkholes we do now (AKA the butchering of Obamacare from its original form).

But during Hillary's campaign, it was still, more or less, "us versus the deplorables". Now, Hillary had a little more ground to stand on there because a lot of the Trump groundswell was literally Russian trolls hiding being anonymous social media accounts, stoking fires and generating buzz around their candidate so as to most sully (through memes, of all things) Hillary's name, while keeping Trump hypervisible.

It was still presented as the good guys vs the bad guys though.

I feel contradictory talking/typing about Trump/this political environment, because I really do believe this election is such an outlier in American history. Whereas I never believed in a "wrong" candidate in past elections, I really do believe Trump was the wrong guy elected for the wrong reasons in this one.

It sounds contradictory, I know, but I still feel that while trying to be mindful of partisan divide and realizing the only way to really maximize what America can be is to get everyone to agree that A) we need to be better working together on many things and B) we probably shouldn't elect self-serving, incompetent, ratings/election results-obsessed lunatics to office and expect a better America.