ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Head Coaching Search (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31733)

VeveJones007 01-02-2018 06:39 PM

Head Coaching Search

Thought it might be worth its own thread now that Pagano is officially out.

Quote:

Tom Pelissero
‏Verified account
@TomPelissero
The #Colts have requested an interview with #Seahawks DC Kris Richard for their head coaching job, sources say. So add him to names @RapSheet and @MikeGarafolo said earlier: Josh McDaniels, Matt Nagy, Steve Wilks, Mike Vrabel. #Bills interviewed Richard last year.
Quote:

Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account
@RapSheet
Jan 1
Three candidates the #Colts are expected to interview: #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, #Chiefs OC Matt Nagy, #Chiefs ST coach Dave Toub. There will be others, of course.

VeveJones007 01-02-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Michael Giardi
‏Verified account
@MikeGiardi
Can confirm Josh McDaniels will interview with the Colts Thursday. Said to be very intrigued by opening.
McDaniels will interview on Thursday with Indy before interviewing with the Bears and Giants on Friday.

Quote:

Michael Giardi
Verified account
@MikeGiardi
Source tells me Josh McDaniels will do the double dip on Friday, interviewing with both the Bears and Giants. Colts is Thurs

HoosierinFL 01-02-2018 09:27 PM

Kris richard is a rooney rule candidate

VeveJones007 01-03-2018 03:36 PM

Nagy confirmed he is going to interview with the Colts, but it can't happen until the Chiefs are eliminated or the week after the AFCCG.

VeveJones007 01-03-2018 03:37 PM

I find it interesting that we haven't seen much confirmed around Toub at this point, but that's probably just because Ballard is already so familiar with Toub that he doesn't need to do a ton a background.

GoBigBlue88 01-03-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 49945)
I find it interesting that we haven't seen much confirmed around Toub at this point, but that's probably just because Ballard is already so familiar with Toub that he doesn't need to do a ton a background.

Chiefs are playing this weekend. That hasn't stopped the Nagy report, but it's an obstacle to interviewing, so naturally you're going to hear more about the Richards, Wilks, McDaniels of the coaching carousel before you hear about teams that play wildcard weekend.

Coltsalr 01-03-2018 10:10 PM

@JasonLaCanfora
The Colts are interviewing Josh McDaniels tonight. He is a very, very strong candidate there. Pairing him with Luck could be potent

apballin 01-03-2018 10:53 PM

I'd rather have Mcdaniels out of the assistants listed

But the thought of a pats assistant as our coach makes me wanna fuckin puke

Coltsalr 01-03-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 50014)
I'd rather have Mcdaniels out of the assistants listed

But the thought of a pats assistant as our coach makes me wanna fuckin puke

Just think of it as weakening the opposition while also strengthening your own team.

smitty46953 01-03-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 50009)
@JasonLaCanfora
The Colts are interviewing Josh McDaniels tonight. He is a very, very strong candidate there. Pairing him with Luck could be potent

Same guy that traded the 2010 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to Baltimore for the 1st rd 25th pick to grab Tim Tebow? Scares me a bit ... :cool: