ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Luck is Throwing (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39305)

VeveJones007 03-27-2018 10:18 AM

Luck is Throwing

Per Frank Reich today

Quote:

Reich says Andrew Luck IS throwing a football in a rehab context. Doesn't sound like he's letting it rip yet, but that is on the way at some point this offseason.
- Holder

Quote:

Sounds like the "letting it rip" stage could come in April and May, when Luck is expected to be a part of #Colts offseason workouts.
- Keefer

Chromeburn 03-27-2018 11:01 AM

But I thought his arm had fallen off and the franchise was doomed. :confused:

Good to hear, we will have an extremely young team this year. But with just Luck we should have more wins than last year.

1965southpaw 03-27-2018 11:21 AM

Listening to Big Joe talk about Andrew right now and he mentioned that he had played hurt for so long that his mechanics had changed dramatically from his pre-injury days.....consequently in addition to rehabbing his shoulder throwing baseballs he has also been working on his hips and feet and getting those mechanics straightened back out. .......which is something this House guy is supposed to be good at fixing for baseball players. I'm Eager to see the "new and improved Luck 2.0, especially in a modern offensive scheme.

Chromeburn 03-27-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 61235)
Listening to Big Joe talk about Andrew right now and he mentioned that he had played hurt for so long that his mechanics had changed dramatically from his pre-injury days.....consequently in addition to rehabbing his shoulder throwing baseballs he has also been working on his hips and feet and getting those mechanics straightened back out. .......which is something this House guy is supposed to be good at fixing for baseball players. I'm Eager to see the "new and improved Luck 2.0, especially in a modern offensive scheme.

I wish they had just fixed this properly the first time around. Was it the coaching staff, management, or him that prevented that from happening I do not know. But I’m glad they finally addressed it.

VeveJones007 03-27-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 61255)
I wish they had just fixed this properly the first time around. Was it the coaching staff, management, or him that prevented that from happening I do not know. But I’m glad they finally addressed it.

Yeah, the video they showed of his change in throwing motion was striking (and damning). I think it was during the Thursday night game against the Broncos.

sherck 03-27-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 61255)
Was it the coaching staff, management, or him that prevented that from happening I do not know.

Yes.

Walk Worthy,

YDFL Commish 03-27-2018 02:53 PM

So much of Luck's throwing motion was predicated on his arm, I can see how this would be an issue.

Hopefully this guy, House, is making Luck more of a body thrower, ala Manning and Brady, who never had the strongest arms but used their body torque to generate velocity.

Maniac 03-27-2018 06:16 PM

Wait, I thought that testtube guy said we are supposed to give up on him and trade him?

Spike 03-27-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 61304)
Wait, I thought that testtube guy said we are supposed to give up on him and trade him?

LOL. I am on a couple of other Colt boards and there are more people who say trade Luck to Cleveland. These idiots need to think about what they are saying. If Luck is healthy, no way the Colts trade him. If he is not healthy, who the hell is going to trade for him. SMDH.

Dewey 5 03-27-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 61273)
So much of Luck's throwing motion was predicated on his arm, I can see how this would be an issue.

Hopefully this guy, House, is making Luck more of a body thrower, ala Manning and Brady, who never had the strongest arms but used their body torque to generate velocity.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/p...tqK/story.html