ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Complete rebuild? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156107)

Lov2fish 12-18-2022 05:24 PM

Complete rebuild?

Starting from scratch in 2023 if we go that route, what is the base we build from? I'll go first:

QB: None of the current hacks. On our trajectory we are certainly going to end up with Levis or Richardson. Who for a backup? Free agent, late round pick?

OL: Raimann, Smith and Q. I am leaning more to Q being bad by trying to cover for some scrubs. Although he has been flat ran over by 2nd. tier players, but we know what he is capable of. Draft a RG and center? Or draft one and fill other through free agency? Its for certain Kelly has just went off the chart bad.

RB: Taylor is a lock, Jackson? Moss? Draft? Free agent?

WR: Pierce, MPJ are certainly staying. Dulin? Campbell? None of the rest of the room seems like much. Of course it could be skewed by how bad the o-line and QB play has been.

Tight end: Woods, Granson, Cox? We go with 3?

Defense:

LB: Franklin, Okereke, Leonard, Speed. Convert Franklin, or trade Leonard? Keep Leonard, sign and trade Franklin? Either way our LB room seems fine and all are young still.

CB: Rogers, Brown, Flowers. Facyson, Moore, Gilmore. I know Gilmore is under contract for one more, but let him go and latch on to a team who is on the verge. Moore can leave, Facyson can follow him. Flowers has been used on special teams, but his college film is not bad. Will he ever be NFL caliber corner? Who knows, but he has the tangibles. Brown has looked lost at times, but his ceiling seems like a potential CB opposite of Rogers. Round out with draft or free agency?

Safety: Blackmon, Cross and Thomas seems like a decent core with lots of potential. McLeod is to old to be a part moving forward.

DE: Banogu, Kareem, Odenigbo, Ngakoue, Odeyingbo, Paye.
Paye definitely has earned a spot this year. Ngakoue has not been overwhelming this season, but has been ok and worth another shot. Odeyingbo finally arrived? Not sure, but this group as a whole has been very pedestrian. We have to have a more consistent pass rush or we are doomed as a defense.

DT: Williams, Stewart, Johnson, Cowart, Buckner.
Buckner and Stewart are great building blocks. They are still young enough and are beast to deal with. However, is this a 3 year build, 4 year build or we plugging in pieces and still trying?

If McLaughlin can tighten up his intermediate kicks dude has definitely earned his spot as our PK. Sanchez will be back and solve the punting issues.
Rhodes as long snapper is solid.

Lets hear it, who do we cut, keep, trade or move on from.

Dewey 5 12-18-2022 05:28 PM

Step 1
Fire Ballard.

Oldcolt 12-18-2022 05:42 PM

If you want a complete rebuild then fire Ballard. I don't so I am leaning towards him staying.

YDFL Commish 12-18-2022 05:56 PM

We don't need a complete rebuild.

Ryan, Kelly and Moore have to go. I'm leaning toward MOC as well. He's slow his blocking has declined and when he's in the game the opponent loads the box in most cases.

Draft 2 QB's. One in the 1st rd and another in a later rd. Maybe O'Connell, Rattler, Nix or McKee.

Draft an OL early and snatch a quality OL in free agency.

Find a true difference maker at WR.

Frankly I want all the starters back on defense. Bradley as well. I'm not depending on Cross making the jump until he makes the jump.

Brylok 12-18-2022 05:57 PM

I'm done watching this year. I'll play Soda's picks but I'm done. Better things to do. Colts suck

CletusPyle 12-18-2022 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 254739)
I'm done watching this year. I'll play Soda's picks but I'm done. Better things to do. Colts suck

I'll watch for the same reason I rubber neck a car wreck!

Chromeburn 12-18-2022 06:37 PM

Don't think we need a rebuild. Need a QB to bring it together. Complete rebuilds take time, bad seasons, and high draft picks to get your foundation.

Brylok 12-18-2022 06:44 PM

I just turned off RedZone. I don't care about NFL results anymore. Bizarre feeling to me. I just don't care.

Spike 12-18-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 254759)
I just turned off RedZone. I don't care about NFL results anymore. Bizarre feeling to me. I just don't care.

I'm only watching pulling for some teams to win and move our ass up in the draft. Otherwise any team named the Pats, Titans, and Cowboys I'm pulling for to lose. That's all I got. But I do understand your feeling, it's depressing.

Racehorse 12-18-2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 254768)
I'm only watching pulling for some teams to win and move our ass up in the draft. Otherwise any team named the Pats, Titans, and Cowboys I'm pulling for to lose. That's all I got. But I do understand your feeling, it's depressing.

Did you see the way the Cheats lost today? It was hilarious!