ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gerald McCoy (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71469)

YDFL Commish 04-14-2019 10:12 AM

Gerald McCoy
 
Any interest in Gerald McCoy, who the Bucs are reportedly shopping?

My feeling is, that if we don't come out of the draft with one of the top DT's, I would entertain trading a 5th and Hassan Ridgeway for him.

McCoy is the ideal UT for Eberflus system, I just don't know how much he has left in the tank?

Chromeburn 04-14-2019 12:16 PM

He is definetly not what he used to be. Probably better than Ridgeway though. I do see them double dipping on DT in this draft. A later pick on a Khalen Saunders or Rennel Wren along with s top three pick will likely cover the position.

Dam8610 04-14-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 116151)
He is definetly not what he used to be. Probably better than Ridgeway though. I do see them double dipping on DT in this draft. A later pick on a Khalen Saunders or Rennel Wren along with s top three pick will likely cover the position.

With the premium this system places on length for DL, I doubt Saunders is a target. Plus I don't think Eberflus wants any DL over 300 pounds, and Saunders main selling point is his athleticism at 320. It's the same reason I doubt Dexter Lawrence is a target, and I think the Colts likely value Tillery higher and Wilkins lower than the general scouting community.

VeveJones007 04-14-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 116153)
With the premium this system places on length for DL, I doubt Saunders is a target. Plus I don't think Eberflus wants any DL over 300 pounds, and Saunders main selling point is his athleticism at 320. It's the same reason I doubt Dexter Lawrence is a target, and I think the Colts likely value Tillery higher and Wilkins lower than the general scouting community.

I wonder if they have a hard and fast minimum on arm length or if its total wingspan.

JAFF 04-14-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 116155)
I wonder if they have a hard and fast minimum on arm length or if its total wingspan.

Can he make plays? I think that is about the only metric worth using

Dam8610 04-14-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 116158)
Can he make plays? I think that is about the only metric worth using

You use the metrics to determine what natural advantages a given player has that would make making plays easier for them, then you compare that to the tape. More data is better in any predictive analysis exercise.

YDFL Commish 04-14-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 116159)
You use the metrics to determine what natural advantages a given player has that would make making plays easier for them, then you compare that to the tape. More data is better in any predictive analysis exercise.

I get that, when you're projecting draft prospect who has yet to play against NFL competition.

In McCoy's case, he has already established himself as an NFL player who wins his matchups. So throwing his body type into the equation is a wasted exercise. All that needs to be evaluated is his tape, his health and his desire.

smitty46953 04-14-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 116148)
Any interest in Gerald McCoy, who the Bucs are reportedly shopping?

My feeling is, that if we don't come out of the draft with one of the top DT's, I would entertain trading a 5th and Hassan Ridgeway for him.

McCoy is the ideal UT for Eberflus system, I just don't know how much he has left in the tank?

McCoy's release would save the Bucs $13 million against the cap this year. If anything wait to see if Bucs release him. I don't see Ballard sending a pick and a player for the 31 year old McCoy who is under contract through 2021;
2019: $13 million
2020: $10 million (+ $2.5 million / Roster Bonus)
2021: $10,432,253 (+ $2.5 million / Roster Bonus)
:cool:

Coltsalr 04-14-2019 03:20 PM

From what I understand, hes not as good as he was but hes still got juice left and hes more Justin Houston than Trent Cole (yes, Im aware hes not an edge).

That said, Id rather just go with Suh, but Ballard might place an emphasis on fits the culture and McCoys experience in the Tampa 2.

FatDT 04-14-2019 03:22 PM

For a low pick maybe. But if Ballard is at all interested I expect hed wait for McCoy to be released.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.