ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nagy is a whiner, we dodged a bullet (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32531)

FatDT 01-10-2018 05:02 PM

Nagy is a whiner, we dodged a bullet

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/1/...olts-interview

I was neutral on passing on him. But with this bitchy passive aggressiveness coming out second-hand, nah. Screw that guy. And the Bears. Guy just got the job of his life and can't stop complaining dramatically about the Colts.

rcubed 01-10-2018 05:05 PM

bitch.

YDFL Commish 01-10-2018 05:48 PM

Fuck him! One of two things probably happened.

Ballard said, we will bring you back for a 2nd interview w/Mr. Irsay. Which lead him to believe the Colts were all in. While Pace told him, I making this hire, I don't need the owners confirmation.

Or he actually met with Irsay, and Irsay made him feel uncomfortable, in a creepy uncle kinda way.

Either way, Ballard had to know that he wasn't the right fit.

rcubed 01-10-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 51136)
Fuck him! One of two things probably happened.

Ballard said, we will bring you back for a 2nd interview w/Mr. Irsay. Which lead him to believe the Colts were all in. While Pace told him, I making this hire, I don't need the owners confirmation.

Or he actually met with Irsay, and Irsay made him feel uncomfortable, in a creepy uncle kinda way.

Either way, Ballard had to know that he wasn't the right fit.

third option is ballard told him he has a couple more candidates to check out, bears said you are hired and nagy took the sure thing.

1965southpaw 01-10-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 51137)
third option is ballard told him he has a couple more candidates to check out, bears said you are hired and nagy took the sure thing.

This is exactly what Rick Venturi's take was on this and he knows all the players including Childress. His point was that Nagy would have experienced a very different interview with the Bears (who really were all in on him and recruiting him hard) vs. Ballard who has done exactly what he said he was going to do....follow a process, do due diligence, and interview a number of candidates. Nagy would have experienced that process very different, especially from a guy he used to be peers with and now would be subordinate to. From the beginning Venturi's take on Nagy was that he's very smart and up and coming but not quite ready to be a head coach. I for one feel fortunate and think that anyone who would come off as ungrateful when he just got a shiny new promotion is going to be a real bitch when the going gets tough. He needs an ego adjustment.

Oldcolt 01-10-2018 06:51 PM

I love the complete lack of comment from the Colts. Bodes well

Butter 01-10-2018 08:46 PM

Fuck this narrative, seems like a bunch of drummed up bullshit by talking heads and asshats.

Thorgrim 01-10-2018 11:11 PM

Nagy can go eat the proverbial bag.

Racehorse 01-11-2018 07:57 AM

Ballard may be telling candidates nothing about Luck's health, choosing to find a coach who is not merely wanting to ride his coattails. He may also be avoiding leaking anything to opponents to shield where he is going in the draft. That could scare a guy like Nagy who seems to be fragile.

Pez 01-11-2018 08:53 AM

This is almost third hand gossip. The Only thing I gleaned from these comments is that Nagy thought he fit better with the Bears, which we knew already.

A journalist saying that "Brad Childress says Matt Nagy was uncomfortable with Colts interview" because he chose the Bears is a stretch.

Just because you tell someone they look nice today, doesn't mean they looked like shit yesterday.

The colts are not talking to the press, so the press makes up shit so you click the link. Never in Childress' quote did he say that Nagy was uncomfortable with the colts.