ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Off Season (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65847)

omahacolt 01-18-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 107327)
Johnathan Abram (SS Miss St) is a guy I'm going to pay attention to leading up to the draft. Seems like he'd be a good scheme fit and could be available at either #26 or #34.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iiuGex5BHo

Fuck that. Another safety? Fuck that

Pass rusher or dt should have a good prospect at 26. Hell I would rather have a wr

YDFL Commish 01-18-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 107346)

Pass rusher or dt should have a good prospect at 26. Hell I would rather have a wr

I agree to no safety in the first round. But, I would like to add a safety somewhere in the draft.

VeveJones007 01-18-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Of course I would prefer a pass rusher to be BPA at 26, but you know this scheme needs a difference maker at safety who can attack downhill.

Chromeburn 01-18-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 107276)
I don't know why McCoy couldn't try DE, but if they release him I'd be good with bringing him in to be part of the rotation as long as he's a good team culture fit. And I haven't heard anything about him being a bad teammate or difficult to work with. The opposite, actually.

But it'd be good to remember that he is not Warren Sapp in his prime. He's 30, he's played a lot in his 9 year career, and while he's been a good and great player he's never really lived up to his draft status. He would be an improvement and an asset but he's not a blue chip player.

I know a couple bucs fans. Have heard nothing but positive things about McCoy.

We should look at Brandon Graham also, he doesn't get the sack numbers for whatever reason. But his pressure rate is great and consistent.

omahacolt 01-18-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 107361)
I agree to no safety in the first round. But, I would like to add a safety somewhere in the draft.

Me too but I do t see it as a priority. Decent safeties aren’t that hard to come by. Farley, geathers and Mitchell could all come back relatively cheap

DrSpaceman 01-19-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 107297)
One thing I'm looking forward to this offseason: which bum-ass quarterback do the Jags select in the 1st round? This class of QBs has Locker-Gabbert-Ponder written all over it and should push down a few good options to #26 and #34.

If they are smart they will sign Foles. Or Eli Manning. Or even Flacco.

So of course they won't do any of that and will likely draft a QB that mainly has the ability hand off to their RBs and try to keep from losing games for them

Puck 01-19-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Safety is one of the top 4 positions for this d to succeed

1. DE
2. 3 tech
3. Will
4. SS

YDFL Commish 01-19-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 107410)

1. DE
2. 3 tech
3. Will
4. SS

We have pretty good depth at SS. When Hooker goes down, we have nothing at FS.

omahacolt 01-19-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 107410)

1. DE
2. 3 tech
3. Will
4. SS

I understand how we use the SS. We don’t need to spend a 1 on a safety when we have a spotty at best pass rush. We have no good de’s. No great 3 tech or nt.

omahacolt 01-19-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 107414)
We have pretty good depth at SS. When Hooker goes down, we have nothing at FS.

Almost any safety can do what Hooker did last year.