ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Week 2 injury report (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81793)

Pez 09-12-2019 08:50 AM

Week 2 injury report

Not bad... just Turay, Sheard and Jonathan Williams.

Turay is the same injury that limited him in practice last week before the ass chargers game, Sheard is still the training camp injury, but has been spotted in pads, Jonathan Willliams is a Non factor.

Looking forward to getting Sheard back. I wonder if we leave him at DE in rotation with Turay and Houston or does he move back to a LB role?

YDFL Commish 09-12-2019 08:35 PM

Yeah, he's a DE in this defense. I would bet he's at least a week away.

VeveJones007 09-13-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 131088)

Turay is the same injury that limited him in practice last week before the ass chargers game, Sheard is still the training camp injury, but has been spotted in pads, Jonathan Willliams is a Non factor.

Looking forward to getting Sheard back. I wonder if we leave him at DE in rotation with Turay and Houston or does he move back to a LB role?

Sheard is a LB in a 3-4 defense (Pagano), but strictly a DE in the Colts 4-3 defense (Eberflus).

Chromeburn 09-13-2019 10:14 AM

Players are dropping like flys around the league. Playoffs may come Donne to healthiest team, not that it is much different than other years. Just seems more prominent this year.

Hoopsdoc 09-13-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 131088)

I noticed they had Hunt dropping back in coverage on at least one play Sunday. I haven’t rewatched the entire game yet so I don’t know how often that happened and if it was only Hunt.

I don’t recall that happening much, if at all, last year. I could be wrong though.

VeveJones007 09-14-2019 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 131349)
I noticed they had Hunt dropping back in coverage on at least one play Sunday. I haven’t rewatched the entire game yet so I don’t know how often that happened and if it was only Hunt.

I don’t recall that happening much, if at all, last year. I could be wrong though.

Eberflus does it a few times each game. Usually some sort of zone blitz when someone (LB or DB) is coming from the edge.

The Chargers did their homework on the Kenny Moore blitzes, though. That screen TD was perfectly called to the area vacated by a blitzing Moore. Of course Leonard and Desir could’ve made the tackle, but it would’ve been a big gain regardless.

smitty46953 09-14-2019 02:52 PM

Colts DE Kemoko Turay (neck) has been ruled out for Week 2. :cool:

Racehorse 09-14-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 131369)
Colts DE Kemoko Turay (neck) has been ruled out for Week 2. :cool:

May be the worst player on defense to be out this week.

Oldcolt 09-14-2019 03:55 PM

Colts been bragging about defensive line depth. Time to see it

YDFL Commish 09-14-2019 04:19 PM

I think we see some Tyquan Lewis at DE this week.