ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pay JT! (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167422)

Spike 09-11-2023 10:59 AM

Pay JT!

I've completely changed my mind on JT.

Pay the man, IF HE IS HEALTHY.

Not that I agree with how JT and his agent have gone about this whole fiasco, but pay him for AR's sake.

Ballard has shit the bed on weapons for AR, so now the Colts should pay the price for JT to help him.

The running backs we had against the Jags may be the worst in the league. Jackson should have been cut this morning.

Doesn't really help that this overpaid, overhyped o-line sucks.

I don't dislike Ballard, but I don't necessarily like him either. He's just meh to me.

ChoppedWood 09-11-2023 11:12 AM

I'm in the opposite camp. Ravens for example could be desperate now. Miami looks like a super bowl contender, he could put them atop the AFC.

Now is the time to strike, get a windfall. Throw the ball around the yard developing AR and go into next year with the draft assets to load up at WR and RB both.

Oldcolt 09-11-2023 11:23 AM

Either approach makes sense to me. I would rather sign him and play him with the Colts. We are desperate for explosive plays and he (if healthy) gives us that.

ChoppedWood 09-11-2023 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 274130)
Either approach makes sense to me. I would rather sign him and play him with the Colts. We are desperate for explosive plays and he (if healthy) gives us that.

My issue is why? If we bring him back, we probably go from 4 wins tops, to 6, maybe 7, which could have a big negative impact on draft capital.

This team needs a LOT of high end talent on the offensive end, in my view playing JT this year only hampers the ability to acquire that talent.

ChoppedWood 09-11-2023 11:30 AM

The other piece of this. AR clearly needs MORE reps. With this RB crew, you tell them their only job is to protect his ass and you design a game plan that is
15 runs
40 passes

If you bring JT back you know that run count is gonna push 20-25 per and thus reducing his attempts per game.

Let the kid throw the damn ball, dgaf about his INT count this year, could be 50 and as long as he is being asked to stand back there and let it rip and isn't getting killed, so he can learn, so be it.

Oldcolt 09-11-2023 11:53 AM

My why is because he is a physical freak that will be hard, if not near impossible , to duplicate. Second I don’t want to see two high safeties all year, I think that will stifle both AR’s and Pierce’s development (I’m not sure it will help with Pierce but it cannot hurt). Your points as to why we should trade him are spot on, I think there are two sides and it isn’t an easy choice.

Brylok 09-11-2023 11:54 AM

Fuck Jonathan Taylor. Dude walked out on his team and fans. Colts should have waived him.

Spike 09-11-2023 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 274136)
Fuck Jonathan Taylor. Dude walked out on his team and fans. Colts should have waived him.

My concern is for AR, not JT.

Brylok 09-11-2023 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 274142)
My concern is for AR, not JT.

I feel you, but we can't pay Taylor $16+M/year. Just can't.
Different subject: how about Trevor Lawrence telling Richardson to protect himself better? I like Lawrence a lot. He looks like a pretty boy douchebag, but I like him. Too bad he's a Jag.

Spike 09-11-2023 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 274146)
I feel you, but we can't pay Taylor $16+M/year. Just can't.
Different subject: how about Trevor Lawrence telling Richardson to protect himself better? I like Lawrence a lot. He looks like a pretty boy douchebag, but I like him. Too bad he's a Jag.

First I heard this. Classy thing from Trevor! I like the guy too.

Contrary to what Dam believes about him, I was sick when the Jags drafted him.