ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2018 NFL Free Agents (tampering period starts 3/12/18) (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37051)

FatDT 03-06-2018 03:57 PM

2018 NFL Free Agents (tampering period starts 3/12/18)

The Combine is over. Seems like we'll get Chubb or Barkley but who knows. Hard to target players when FA is a big question. It's not a strong FA year, which sucks since we have so much cap room. But there should still be some good players available. List your guys here.

My interest list:

RB
Leveon Bell
Carlos Hyde

WR
Allen Robinson
Jarvis Landry (no trades though)
Donte Moncrief
Kendall Wright

OL
Andrew Norwell
Nate Solder
Justin Pugh
Josh Sitton
Cam Fleming
Jack Mewhort

DE
Alex Okafor
Kony Ealy

DT
Dontari Poe
Sheldon Richardson
Star Lotulelei
Dominique Easley

LB
Nigel Bradham
Zach Brown
Anthony Hitchens
Navorro Bowman
Tahir Whitehead

CB
Bashaud Breeland
Trumaine Johnson
Malcolm Butler
Rashaan Melvin
Aaron Colvin
Pierre Desir

S
Eric Reid

Slim pickings.

Maniac 03-06-2018 04:02 PM

Leveon Bell? Pittsburgh is not letting him go.

sherck 03-06-2018 04:06 PM

That is a great list FatDT. Well done.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FatDT 03-06-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 57811)
Leveon Bell? Pittsburgh is not letting him go.

Probably not. But shit happens. Elvis Dumervil became a FA because Denver couldn't figure out their fax machine.

Dam8610 03-06-2018 05:58 PM

I like most of your list but would be disappointed in the front office if they elected to pay Allen Robinson or Nate Solder the kind of money they'll get on the open market. I'd add McKinnon at RB, and Lewis since they seem to have interest. Also, Jordan Matthews at WR seems like a guy that would compliment Hilton well and not be terribly expensive like Allen Robinson.

Coltsalr 03-06-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 57828)
I like most of your list but would be disappointed in the front office if they elected to pay Allen Robinson or Nate Solder the kind of money they'll get on the open market. I'd add McKinnon at RB, and Lewis since they seem to have interest. Also, Jordan Matthews at WR seems like a guy that would compliment Hilton well and not be terribly expensive like Allen Robinson.

Okay, I’ll bite: Enlighten us on why you hate Nate Solder.

omahacolt 03-06-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 57835)

We know why you like him

Dam8610 03-06-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 57835)

First, I don't "hate" Nate Solder, I just don't think he's worth open market left tackle money, which is what he'll get. The reasons I don't think he's worth open market left tackle money are the Cheaters' OL coach is very good and known for turning projects into productive players while under him, Solder was a brutally awful pass blocker before coming into the league (and he's not exactly been elite at it since entering the league), and he's going into his age 30 season. That's not a guy I want the Colts handing 4/$60 to, and that's likely what it would take to get him.

YDFL Commish 03-06-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 57828)

I could live with Jordan Matthews over Allen Robinson. But I certainly don't want to add mediocre or oft injured RB's in FA.

Butter 03-06-2018 10:25 PM

I don't want to throw LT money at Solder when we have a very decent LT already, too many other holes.