ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The official "do the Colts stand a snowballs chance in hell" gameday thread ? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54509)

njcoltfan 10-04-2018 05:23 AM

The official "do the Colts stand a snowballs chance in hell" gameday thread ?

I'll go out on a limb and say yes.

Indiana V2 10-04-2018 06:00 AM

Belichick and Brady will try to run up the score on the Colts, and with all our injuries they will likely succeed. But maybe Luck has some magic to make a game out of it. The long break after the game will be nice though.

daedge 10-04-2018 06:22 AM

Typical that we get the Pats the first week Edelman is back.

albany ed 10-04-2018 06:40 AM

I predict at least 3 roughing the passer penalties and 4 defensive holding calls against the Colts. Make the former worthwhile.

sherck 10-04-2018 07:09 AM

I would love to see that dejected, puppy dog just got killed face on Brady if we could get up by a lot of points and knock him down a few times. That would be priceless......

However, we will probably be down 10 points after the 1st quarter and 21 points by halftime. The 2nd half will be ugly.

I don't have a lot of hope for this one. If we had all our weapons and defenders and played our "A" game? Perhaps. But as beat up as we are? Nope, not going to happen. Without TY or Doyle, the only guy they have to pay any special attention to is Ebron and that is just stick a safety on him and be done with it. Grant and Rogers? Scaring no one.

Let me be clear; however, I will glady eat a HUGE plate of crow if wrong! :)

Walk Worthy,

1965southpaw 10-04-2018 07:20 AM

I think we likely lose; however....three things keep swirling around in my head that make me think there may be a snowballs chance in hell

1. Bellicheats genius is on building a game plan that is customized to each team.......he doesn't have much tape (or time) to work with
2. Related to #1, Bellicheat is a master at taking away your best talent and making you win with your scrubs......well due to injury all season and due to youth our scrubs have gotten a lot of playing time.
3. Our baby Colts don't have a lot to loose (developmental season) and haven't learned that the Patsys are unbeatable.......ignorance is bliss

Or maybe we will get blown out and nationally embarrassed....unfuckingpredictable. Go Colts!

omahacolt 10-04-2018 07:59 AM

Colts are going to get slaughtered

dwilli57 10-04-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daedge (Post 83909)
Typical that we get the Pats the first week Edelman is back.

I heard maybe Gronk's out though? Not that it'll make a difference.

FatDT 10-04-2018 08:31 AM

Dorsett will probably go off for 150 yards and 3 TDs.

Pez 10-04-2018 08:52 AM

This is the year Luck gets to 1-5 against the Pats...

They are a 2-2 team
They lost to the Lions, which they haven't done in 17 years.
They are the 21st ranked offense, the colts are 22nd
They are 14th in 3rd down conversions, Colts are 1st
They are 21st in Passing yards, colts are 16th
They are 11th in rushing yards, colts are 29th (ugh)
They are the 12th ranked overall defense, colts are 19th
They are 23rd ranked D against the pass, colts are 15th.
They are 26th ranked D against the run, colts are 18th.

Our mediocrity is better than their mediocrity. The colts will feast on these clowns.

Offense is a push, we will own them on 3rd down, We will out pass them. We will suck at running the ball but they will too.

In a less homerish note, I truly think this is a winnable game, but this game hinges on three points:

- Disciplined football (colts are 30th best in penalties, pats 4th)
- Defense steps up
- OL steps up

21-17 Colts. Book it.