ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   DRAFT DAY 1 Thread !!! (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41614)

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiaColt (Post 65027)
it's overpay on the draft chart, but he's a QB and all the "smart" guys tell me NE's looking for a QB in this draft. But maybe Belichick figures he can get some guy like Falk or Lauletta later and turn him into Brady 2.0--he seems to think he made Brady 1.0 the player he is today.

which apparently doesn't sit well with Brady himself...or Gronk, or the rest of that team

I don't think QB is as important to NE as the pundits think it is. They could have taken Jackson and passed. Problem is if Brady plays for 4 more years then they have the same problem as Garropalo, can't get him on the field. I bet they take one next year or the year after. I think this is about getting some youth on the squad, play makeres and making a final SB push. Hence, the RB in the first.

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65045)
Why does it seem like I'm the only one here that likes Rasheem Green? If they're importing a scheme similar to Dallas, he's a perfect fit for it, he was productive for USC in his age 20 season, and I've read where several scouts thought he had a chance to go Top 5 in 2019 had he stayed in school. He seems like exactly the type of player the Colts should be targeting.

He is kind of a forgotten man in this draft. But the teams know about him and he is on their radar. Those west coast players don't always get the exposure they should.

FatDT 04-27-2018 04:05 PM

Green seems like a good player. I'd be happy to draft him even though I don't like USC players.

Racehorse 04-28-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65045)
Why does it seem like I'm the only one here that likes Rasheem Green? If they're importing a scheme similar to Dallas, he's a perfect fit for it, he was productive for USC in his age 20 season, and I've read where several scouts thought he had a chance to go Top 5 in 2019 had he stayed in school. He seems like exactly the type of player the Colts should be targeting.

Well, you are the only one on here who liked Pagano, so maybe you're just odd.

Dam8610 04-28-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 65474)
Well, you are the only one on here who liked Pagano, so maybe you're just odd.

Green went to Seattle. They're going to turn him into their new Bennett.

Chromeburn 04-28-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65479)
Green went to Seattle. They're going to turn him into their new Bennett.

That's a good place for him. I don't like USC guys transitioning to indiana that much.