ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Turbin Facing Supension for PEDs (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46277)

YDFL Commish 06-30-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 71029)
The Colts might be fine with Mack, Wilkins, and Hines. They might not need him.

To a point I agree. But, with so many young backs who's going to mentor them, and get them ready for the grinds of the NFL?

Also, it sure would be nice to have a short yardage back early in the season. Wilkins may have to become that guy.

Butter 06-30-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 71030)
To a point I agree. But, with so many young backs who's going to mentor them, and get them ready for the grinds of the NFL?

Also, it sure would be nice to have a short yardage back early in the season. Wilkins may have to become that guy.

There are Vets who certainly do that, but to a lot of them they are competition. How much is Turbine who is fighting for playing time going to do shit for the rookies?

JAFF 06-30-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 71031)
There are Vets who certainly do that, but to a lot of them they are competition. How much is Turbine who is fighting for playing time going to do shit for the rookies?

I guess that depends on the guys the team has on the roster. The Slauson article was an example of why vets should help the rookies. Winning is everything, and more $$$. Why wouldn't you want to win while busting up your body on a weekly basis.

sherck 07-02-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 71029)
The Colts might be fine with Mack, Wilkins, and Hines. They might not need him.

And if they want a veteran presence, there are typicaly a lot of journeymen veteran type RBs available through the cut process during TC.

Since those 3 guys are rookies or 2nd year players, a vet in the position group would be good but while I appreciate Turbin for what he is, there are a lot of guys who could fill the role.

Walk Worthy,

Racehorse 07-02-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 71001)
I honestly cant blame these guys. They play a super violent sport for a short period of time and need to maximize their performance to get paid. Some of them over do it though, i.e. Laron Landry

Sucks turbin got caught.

Yeah, they roll the dice and hope to earn enough money to be set when the glory days are over.

YDFL Commish 07-02-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 71082)
And if they want a veteran presence, there are typicaly a lot of journeymen veteran type RBs available through the cut process during TC.

Since those 3 guys are rookies or 2nd year players, a vet in the position group would be good but while I appreciate Turbin for what he is, there are a lot of guys who could fill the role.

Walk Worthy,

DeMarco Murray?

Dam8610 07-02-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 71102)
DeMarco Murray?

Would be a fantastic add for this scheme if he has anything left in him. He was a legit 3 down back, but I expect the grind of the NFL has taken its toll and taken some of that away from him.

JAFF 07-02-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 71115)
Would be a fantastic add for this scheme if he has anything left in him. He was a legit 3 down back, but I expect the grind of the NFL has taken its toll and taken some of that away from him.

He will run between the tackles and can catch the ball out of the backfield. no one is thinking hes getting 200 touches. Depends on $ and his expectations

sherck 07-03-2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 71118)
He will run between the tackles and can catch the ball out of the backfield. no one is thinking hes getting 200 touches. Depends on $ and his expectations

I would love for all 4 of the RBs we will carry into the season to get between 8 - 10 touches per game. We really don't know what we have in Mack, Hines and Wilkins. Give them all opportunities and let's see what happens.

In reality, however, if all 4 are healthy, then only 3 dress on gameday (stupid only dressing 45 rule) so it is really like 10 -12 touches each so....

But, 10 touches a game is 160 touches for the season for our top two RBs which I am pretty certian Murrey would be so...

Walk Worthy,

omahacolt 07-03-2018 07:11 AM

Hell no on Murray. Just roll with the young guys.