ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Minshew to the Raiders. (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178377)

Hoopsdoc 03-11-2024 06:19 PM

Minshew to the Raiders.

2 years 25 million with 15 million guaranteed.

I wouldn’t have minded bringing him back for that money. Thats backup money.

Racehorse 03-11-2024 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 293850)

Seems a little high for a backup. Maybe half that

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-11-2024 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 293850)

The highest AAV back-up contracts signed last year were:

Brissett 1 yr, 8M
Heinicke 2 yr, 14M

So it depends on the contract terms.

Is the 25M total a base number or the max number with lots of playing time or performance incentives included to push it to 25M?

Further, Minshew may have thought that he had a better chance at playing time in Vegas. He knows the Colts are Richardson's team as long as AR is healthy.

Hoopsdoc 03-11-2024 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 293862)
The highest AAV back-up contracts signed last year were:

Brissett 1 yr, 8M
Heinicke 2 yr, 14M

So it depends on the contract terms.

Is the 25M total a base number or the max number with lots of playing time or performance incentives included to push it to 25M?

Further, Minshew may have thought that he had a better chance at playing time in Vegas. He knows the Colts are Richardson's team as long as AR is healthy.

It depends on the contract structure but 25 million is average per year money for a baseline nfl starter.

I think your last sentence is the key. Minshew probably wants the chance to play and he won’t get that here as long as AR is healthy.

The Raiders have O’Connell and no one else unless they draft one.

nate505 03-11-2024 10:00 PM

That's a bummer. Dude was a quality backup, a great teammate, and he got a bit of a bad rap despite doing an ok job as a starter for most of the season.

I hope Richardson is healthy all year, but a decent backup QB should be a priority now.

Dewey 5 03-11-2024 10:11 PM

And Moss went to the Bengals

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-11-2024 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 293896)
And Moss went to the Bengals

I would assume also due to playing time opportunity since the contract isn't that much - 2 yr, $8M.

In a corresponding move, the Bengals are releasing last year's RB1 Joe Mixon.

Big game of musical chairs for RB's this off season.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...71519657685374

Quote:

Former Colts RB Zack Moss is signing a 2-year; $8 million deal with the Bengals that includes a $4.525m payout in year one, per source.

Butter 03-11-2024 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 293897)
I would assume also due to playing time opportunity since the contract isn't that much - 2 yr, $8M.

I assume it is very much that. There is questions if they will cut Jimmy G and even if they don;t Jimmy is only good for a partial season it seems. I would not have been mad if they re-signed him, but I would like a backup who can do more of the playstyle of AR and throw a deep ball.

CletusPyle 03-12-2024 08:32 AM

Letting Moss go is a mistake in my opinion, JT is not that durable!

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-12-2024 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 293926)
Letting Moss go is a mistake in my opinion, JT is not that durable!

I think that Moss chose the team that will give him the most reps.

The Bengals cleared the pathway and pretty much made him their lead back for next season (on paper). The Colts couldn't give him that with JT on the roster.

Moss was talking with several other teams besides the Bengals including the Titans and Texans. At least he moved outside the AFC South.