ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ryan Kelly and Clayton Geathers Return to Practice (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64424)

VeveJones007 01-02-2019 02:24 PM

Ryan Kelly and Clayton Geathers Return to Practice

Kelly says his neck feels better and he's ready to go this Saturday.

Chromeburn 01-02-2019 02:40 PM

Good news. Hopefully both can stay on the field for the rest of the playoffs.

FatDT 01-02-2019 02:45 PM

Just came here to post this. I did not see that Geathers was back though, that's also great news.

I'm not as down on Odum as some. I think for an undrafted rookie forced into starting he's done ok with some dumb, high-profile mistakes. If he develops from the base he's shown he could be a quality backup. But Geathers is clearly a superior player. With no Farley and no Mitchell, getting him back is important.

And Kelly, well that's huge. He frees the OL to focus more on their individual battles by putting them in the right spot, and frees Luck to focus elsewhere presnap so he's not having to call all the protections. Against Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, and McKinney, having Kelly running point pushes the advantage back to the Colts.

Chromeburn 01-02-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 102815)
Just came here to post this. I did not see that Geathers was back though, that's also great news.

I'm not as down on Odum as some. I think for an undrafted rookie forced into starting he's done ok with some dumb, high-profile mistakes. If he develops from the base he's shown he could be a quality backup. But Geathers is clearly a superior player. With no Farley and no Mitchell, getting him back is important.

And Kelly, well that's huge. He frees the OL to focus more on their individual battles by putting them in the right spot, and frees Luck to focus elsewhere presnap so he's not having to call all the protections. Against Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, and McKinney, having Kelly running point pushes the advantage back to the Colts.

Yup, Odum’s a rookie, gonna do stupid stuff some times. He shows potential and I want to see how he looks next year. That said he looked scared and a little unsure of himself last game. He just needs reps.

Racehorse 01-02-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 102811)
Kelly says his neck feels better and he's ready to go this Saturday.

You are my hero, sir. Thanks for the great news!

JAFF 01-02-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 102825)
Yup, Odum’s a rookie, gonna do stupid stuff some times. He shows potential and I want to see how he looks next year. That said he looked scared and a little unsure of himself last game. He just needs reps.

At least he does dumb stuff at top speed. It's not as if he's half assing it. Now he needs to stop doing the same old dumb stuff. If you are going to screw it up, be original.

VeveJones007 01-02-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 102847)
At least he does dumb stuff at top speed. It's not as if he's half assing it. Now he needs to stop doing the same old dumb stuff. If you are going to screw it up, be original.

The thing that keeps giving me pause about getting too down on a young player is Kenny Moore. He had some godawful moments last year that made me think he would never be a decent player. Now he's one of our best defenders.

Also, I have to say that I trust this front office and coaching staff to identify the right players. If they're confident that some growing pains will be worth it on a guy like Odum in the long run, that leads me to think there might be some projection there.

omahacolt 01-02-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 102854)
The thing that keeps giving me pause about getting too down on a young player is Kenny Moore. He had some godawful moments last year that made me think he would never be a decent player. Now he's one of our best defenders.

Also, I have to say that I trust this front office and coaching staff to identify the right players. If they're confident that some growing pains will be worth it on a guy like Odum in the long run, that leads me to think there might be some projection there.

I think they are just giving him a shot. Could be gone next year. You really can’t listen to a lot of the shit you see about players. Most people judge dudes based on one play.

Oldcolt 01-02-2019 08:27 PM

If Kelly is all the way back then we could be in for quite a ride. With Kelly this line can be dominant. If you have a dominate line, you can beat anyone anytime. Not gonna say it will happen, just saying that it could.

YDFL Commish 01-02-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 102815)

I believe that Mitchell is available. Would sure like to see Lewis playing too though.