ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2024 NFL Draft thread - Day 1 discussion - Round 1 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180261)

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 04-25-2024 06:43 AM

2024 NFL Draft thread - Day 1 discussion - Round 1

Round 1 starts tonight at 8 Eastern / 7 Central.

Announcers:

ESPN: Mike Greenberg, Mel Kiper Jr., Louis Riddick, Booger McFarland, Adam Schefter, Molly McGrath

ABC: Rece Davis, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, Nick Saban, Field Yates, Laura Rutledge, Pete Thamel

NFL Network: Rich Eisen, Daniel Jeremiah, Charles Davis, Joel Klatt, Kurt Warner, Ian Rapoport, Kaylee Hartung

Racehorse 04-25-2024 07:32 AM

Ballard needs to get a real stud with his first pick. I mean he needs a real difference-maker. A stud pass-rusher, a stud pass-catcher. One elite difference-maker puts this team on par with all but one or two teams in the league.

CletusPyle 04-25-2024 07:41 AM

Lots of mock drafts have us getting Bowers, I can live with that! ESPN has us trading up with the Bears to get Bowers!

albany ed 04-25-2024 07:59 AM

Trading up, trading down. I would hope that Ballard explored every option. Whether he really pulls the trigger or not, he should know what's available for every option.

Chromeburn 04-25-2024 04:44 PM

Rumor on nfl radio colts are calling trying to trade up for Brock Bowers. Will probably have to get ahead of the jets. Guess it was a team in the 11-14 range bc they said if he falls out of the top ten.

ChaosTheory 04-25-2024 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 296334)
Rumor on nfl radio colts are calling trying to trade up for Brock Bowers. Will probably have to get ahead of the jets. Guess it was a team in the 11-14 range bc they said if he falls out of the top ten.

Jets are one of those teams that could go anywhere. They need OL, which is what I've seen most projecting.

But shorter term, Bowers as a new toy for Rodgers is very appealing.

Dam8610 04-25-2024 05:28 PM

The only feasible choice that would upset me is Xavier Worthy at 15.

Dam8610 04-25-2024 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 296337)
Jets are one of those teams that could go anywhere. They need OL, which is what I've seen most projecting.

Not if they can't keep him upright.

Chromeburn 04-25-2024 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 296337)

Both their tackles are 33. They should take a tackle bc it drops off a lot after the first round. Fautanu is dropping bc of character concerns apparently but I bet they take Bowers. Too bad bc the jets is where players go to die. It’ll be a waste there.

Chromeburn 04-25-2024 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 296338)
The only feasible choice that would upset me is Xavier Worthy at 15.

Doubt they take him at 15. Probably a small trade back. He likely will be gone by the end of the 1st though so can’t trade back too far.

I bet their board is Bowers/BTj/trade back/worthy. If one of the DEs they like is there I would have him as a dark horse.