ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Draft position update. (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28942)

Puck 12-10-2017 06:51 PM

Draft position update.

We have moved to 3rd with this loss. I believe if the Giants win one more game and we lose out then we would move to 2nd overall

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Spike 12-10-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 45523)
We have moved to 3rd with this loss. I believe if the Giants win one more game and we lose out then we would move to 2nd overall

Broncos beating the Jets 20-0. With a win Broncos get to 4 wins. Jimmy G looking good for the 49ers. Have faith in losing out, we have Pags. I guess strength of schedule has more weight than head to head?

Coltsalr 12-10-2017 07:07 PM

Broncos being up 20-0 right now gives me hope. Shows they aren’t completely hapless. Still, it’s TNF and anything can happen there, but Home teams generally have the advantage on TNF for obvious reasons.

@ Baltimore should absolutely be an assured loss.

Vs Houston again is a bit of a toss-up, we already beat them in their own house, but Tom Savage has improved a bit and even though they lost to the 49errs today, they at least appear to have a heartbeat which can’t be said for when we played them the first time.

Puck 12-10-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 45524)
Broncos beating the Jets 20-0. With a win Broncos get to 4 wins. Jimmy G looking good for the 49ers. Have faith in losing out, we have Pags. I guess strength of schedule has more weight than head to head?

Yes to SOS. That is how it is decided It is different than playoff tie breaker.

Puck 12-10-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 45525)
Broncos being up 20-0 right now gives me hope. Shows they aren’t completely hapless. Still, it’s TNF and anything can happen there, but Home teams generally have the advantage on TNF for obvious reasons.

@ Baltimore should absolutely be an assured loss.

Vs Houston again is a bit of a toss-up, we already beat them in their own house, but Tom Savage has improved a bit and even though they lost to the 49errs today, they at least appear to have a heartbeat which can’t be said for when we played them the first time.

Savage was replaced by Yates. Didn't watch the game but Yates was apparently better looking at the stats. Not sure why he was replaced either

Coltsalr 12-10-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 45542)
Savage was replaced by Yates. Didn't watch the game but Yates was apparently better looking at the stats. Not sure why he was replaced either

Savage went into concussion protocol, that I know.

The game didn’t get much action on Red Zone, but I did see that part. Didn’t really follow how well Yates did thereafter, only know they lost.

Maniac 12-10-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 45523)

Well we're moving on upppppppppp

VeveJones007 12-10-2017 08:17 PM

Hard to see the Giants winning another game, so need the Colts to lose out for the 3rd pick.

Colt Classic 12-10-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 45542)

Savage took a nasty hit and looked like he was having a seizure.

https://twitter.com/TheRenderNFL/sta...36269924225024

smitty46953 12-10-2017 09:32 PM

Need trade down figure way to get both of the Notre dame offensive linemen
offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey and senior offensive guard Quenton Nelson
:cool:

Butter 12-10-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt Classic (Post 45587)
Savage took a nasty hit and looked like he was having a seizure.

https://twitter.com/TheRenderNFL/sta...36269924225024

How the hell was he allowed back on the field after that, man the NFL is stupid sometimes.

Coltsalr 12-11-2017 01:51 AM

https://twitter.com/ryan_mccrystal/s...85336612335617

Evidently, we’re now in line for the #3. Not sure how that works with us having beaten San Fran in head to head, but I’ll take it.

The Giants, much like us, now have winnable games against the Eagles (Nick Foles-led now), the Cards, and the Skins.

Thursday Night should be rather telling for the Colts.

DrSpaceman 12-11-2017 09:30 AM

Head to head does not matter in draft position rankings. Strength of schedule, or strength of victory, I forget which, is the determining factor

If the pick for the Colts is top 3, with this QB class, I really think they should, and likely will, trade down

njcoltfan 12-11-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 45684)
Head to head does not matter in draft position rankings. Strength of schedule, or strength of victory, I forget which, is the determining factor

If the pick for the Colts is top 3, with this QB class, I really think they should, and likely will, trade down

After a medical update from Luck!!

smitty46953 12-11-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

I just hope they have a good honest evaluation of Lucks health by Draft day, hate to be forced to use pick on a QB... :cool:

VeveJones007 12-11-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 45657)
https://twitter.com/ryan_mccrystal/s...85336612335617

Evidently, we’re now in line for the #3. Not sure how that works with us having beaten San Fran in head to head, but I’ll take it.

The Giants, much like us, now have winnable games against the Eagles (Nick Foles-led now), the Cards, and the Skins.

Thursday Night should be rather telling for the Colts.

Yeah, H2H doesn't matter for draft purposes. Remember last year with the Vikings? Colts beat them, both ended up with same record, but they had to do a coin flip to determine the draft order because opponents had the same win %.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/27/1...er-first-round

VeveJones007 12-11-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

It depends how far. The draft isn't very deep. You don't want to miss a chance at a guy like Chubb, Williams, or Nelsen. But first things first--get the 2nd or 3rd pick and give themselves some options.

FatDT 12-11-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 45694)
It depends how far. The draft isn't very deep. You don't want to miss a chance at a guy like Chubb, Williams, or Nelsen. But first things first--get the 2nd or 3rd pick and give themselves some options.

Yeah. From what I've read this could be like the 2013 draft. So of course that's the one time we will have a top draft pick.

But if we don't know on Luck, sure, pick the QB. If Luck returns and is awesome, great, trade the new QB for a bunch of picks in a better future draft. Better coaching, getting everyone healthy, and adding via FA will make this team playoff contenders even without a great draft.

Dewey 5 12-11-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 45696)
Yeah. From what I've read this could be like the 2013 draft. So of course that's the one time we will have a top draft pick.

But if we don't know on Luck, sure, pick the QB. If Luck returns and is awesome, great, trade the new QB for a bunch of picks in a better future draft. Better coaching, getting everyone healthy, and adding via FA will make this team playoff contenders even without a great draft.

The key is dumping Pagano & I am not sure Irsay has the stones to do it. He buys every excuse Pagano feeds him.

DrSpaceman 12-11-2017 11:24 AM

Should certainly know by draft time about Luck

And my opinion is he will be fine by next season. He played last season with the injury before surgery. I don't see how he would go from that to having surgery and now unable to play again.

Plus you are going to need to draft a line and defense whether its Luck or some other QB out there you are putting in charge of this offense. I'd rather focus on those and stick with Luck.

testcase448 12-11-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 45690)
I just hope they have a good honest evaluation of Lucks health by Draft day, hate to be forced to use pick on a QB... :cool:

better to trade down for picks and fill a lot of holes in this gawd awful POS team, then draft another QB.

Drafting another Luck will just get you right back where we are, a busted up franchise QB

rcubed 12-11-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 45697)
The key is dumping Pagano & I am not sure Irsay has the stones to do it. He buys every excuse Pagano feeds him.

I dont think ballard will let that happen. I see ballard as strong enough to talk some sense into irsay,

omahacolt 12-11-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 45697)

Pagano is gone. Everyone knows it. Irsay knows it and will be on board

1965southpaw 12-11-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 45721)
Pagano is gone. Everyone knows it. Irsay knows it and will be on board

Agreed. One of the local guys....I think it may have been Holder was talking last week on one of the shows that he's noted that since the second JAX game pagano has notably been using the pronoun "they" when referring to his team vs. "we". He believes pagano has already been told definitely that his run is up at the end of the season. I tend to believe that. These guys are at all the practices and all the press conferences. They know.

VeveJones007 12-14-2017 01:00 PM

Tonight's game is very important for draft position. If the Colts lose, they pretty much guarantee themselves a Top 5 pick.

If they win, then the Texans game becomes the difference between possibly picking 4 or 5 and picking 9-10.

VeveJones007 12-15-2017 12:22 AM

A loss next week to Baltimore pretty much guarantees the Colts will pick top 4.

smitty46953 12-15-2017 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 46530)
A loss next week to Baltimore pretty much guarantees the Colts will pick top 4.

Just hope Ballard does us right :cool:

Luck4Reich 12-15-2017 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 46537)

That’s the key right there.

We know Grigson would have screwed up the pick let’s hope Ballard doesn’t.

Puck 12-15-2017 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 46537)

I hope he finds the right FA's and when he drafts BPA it wont be such a shock

Spike 12-15-2017 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testcase448 (Post 45708)
better to trade down for picks and fill a lot of holes in this gawd awful POS team, then draft another QB.

Drafting another Luck will just get you right back where we are, a busted up franchise QB

Fuck off bitch.

testcase448 12-15-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 46571)
Fuck off bitch.

Fuck yourself you bathroom confused fag

sherck 12-15-2017 10:32 AM

Prior to yesterday's Colt loss:

#1 Browns / 0 - 13 / SoS = 0.529
#2 Giants / 2 - 11 / SoS = 0.514
#3 Colts / 3 - 10 / SoS = 0.490
#4 49ers / 3 - 10 / SoS = 0.519
#5 Broncos / 4 - 9 / SoS = 0.486
#6 Texans / 4 - 9 / SoS = 0.510 (traded to the Browns)
#7 Bears / 4 - 9 / SoS = 0.553
#8 Bucs / 4 - 9 / SoS = 0.558

CIN / NYJ / WAS all with 5 wins.

Denver actually had a lower SoS than the Colts going into last night's game so it was pretty critical that they win and get to 5 wins. No chance of them getting ahead of us now unless we win our last 2 games.

The Giants have a pretty significantly higher SoS than the Colts do. If the Giants can get a 3rd win in one of their last 3 games (PHI, @ ARI, WAS) and the Colts can lose their last two (@ BAL, HOU), then we can end up with the #2 pick.

It is pretty hard for the SoS to change significantly this late in the season. 0.200 of a difference is a pretty big gap with only 3 weeks to play. Where the SoS ratings are now will most likely be very close to their final totals.

So, what the most likely scenarios look like. The Colts will get the #x pick if......

#2 Pick = Giants win at least one of their remaining 3 games and Colts lose their last 2 games.

#3 Pick = Giants lose out and Colts lose out -- OR -- Colts win one game and 49ers win one game while the Giants win no more than one more game.

#4 Pick = Colts win one game and 49ers lose out and Giants win no more than one more game.

#5 Pick = Would have to win both of our remaining games to get worst than the #4 pick. Too many variables to contend with.

So, assuming that we will not beat Baltimore next week, the Colts can do no worst that the #4 pick in the draft and could still move up to the #2 pick if we lose out and Eli Manning and the Giants can surprise one of the Eagles, the Cardinals or the Redskins.

Go Giants. Go Ravens (gasp.....choke.....puke).

Walk Worthy,

VeveJones007 12-15-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 46609)

Denver actually had a lower SoS than the Colts going into last night's game so it was pretty critical that they win and get to 5 wins. No chance of them getting ahead of us now unless we win our last 2 games.

The Giants have a pretty significantly higher SoS than the Colts do. If the Giants can get a 3rd win in one of their last 3 games (PHI, @ ARI, WAS) and the Colts can lose their last two (@ BAL, HOU), then we can end up with the #2 pick.

It is pretty hard for the SoS to change significantly this late in the season. 0.200 of a difference is a pretty big gap with only 3 weeks to play. Where the SoS ratings are now will most likely be very close to their final totals.

So, what the most likely scenarios look like. The Colts will get the #x pick if......

#2 Pick = Giants win at least one of their remaining 3 games and Colts lose their last 2 games.

#3 Pick = Giants lose out and Colts lose out -- OR -- Colts win one game and 49ers win one game while the Giants win no more than one more game.

#4 Pick = Colts win one game and 49ers lose out and Giants win no more than one more game.

#5 Pick = Would have to win both of our remaining games to get worst than the #4 pick. Too many variables to contend with.

So, assuming that we will not beat Baltimore next week, the Colts can do no worst that the #4 pick in the draft and could still move up to the #2 pick if we lose out and Eli Manning and the Giants can surprise one of the Eagles, the Cardinals or the Redskins.

Walk Worthy,

Those four scenarios are why last night was so important. They could have been in line for a pick closer to 10 if they beat Denver and Houston. Now they're pretty much a lock for top 4.

Coltsalr 12-15-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 46609)

Walk Worthy,

Call me crazy, I’m not ruling out a stupid strong finish by the Giants at all.

A Foles-led Eagles team could be demoralized and fall apart on Sunday. The Cardinals, meh, but it is in Arizona. The Redskins with nothing to play for in Week 17, who knows?

Luck4Reich 12-15-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testcase448 (Post 46602)
Fuck yourself you bathroom confused fag

What the hell does that even mean?

Quit trying to win the dumbest post award, it doesn’t exist. If it did Dam already had won that.

Luck4Reich 12-17-2017 02:39 PM

Giants just took lead in their game.

Coltsalr 12-17-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck (Post 46622)
What the hell does that even mean?

Quit trying to win the dumbest post award, it doesn’t exist. If it did Dam already had won that.

We used to have a Worst Poster of the Year award

Might need to resurrect it for this year.

njcoltfan 12-17-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck (Post 46881)
Giants just took lead in their game.

If the Giants win today, the Scott Tolzien era for the Colts should begin next week against the Ravens!!!!

Spike 12-17-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 46895)
If the Giants win today, the Scott Tolzien era for the Colts should begin next week against the Ravens!!!!

Giants were up 20-7, and then Eli throws a horrible pick and the Eagles score a TD right after that. The Giants D was playing pretty good and Eli reverts back to dumbass Eli. Now the Eagles block a punt, damn. Giants remind me so much of the Colts this year.

Puck 12-17-2017 03:39 PM

TJ Yates is going to single handily make sure we win that last game..... He might be worse than Tolzien.

If the Colts start Tolzein it will show they are in it to lose