ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2017 Draft Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397)

Dam8610 04-18-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 9907)
Only quibble is that they should take Sidney Jones at 3.15. Can't pass up a 1st round talent there.

If you then replace Tankersley with Walker, I'm still very happy.

Coltsalr 04-18-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 9906)
On those lists, give me:

15) Reuben Foster
46) Haason Reddick
80) Raekwon McMillan/Carl Lawson
121) Cordrea Tankersley
137) Jeremy McNichols

And I'm happy. Don't really care what the last one is at that point.

No chance Haason Reddick falls to #46 (hell, he could go before us at #15, to be honest, but damn would that be great).

And while I'm beating the ILB drum to literal death, if we got both Foster and Reddick, then McMillian would be overkill (I don't JUST say that just because McMillian does nothing for me). At that point, Lawson would be the no-brainer of the two, IMO.

Spike 04-18-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natagu23 (Post 9872)
Trade back. Pick up more picks and draft Lamp.

Problem solved.

Im beginning to think we're in no mans land at 15 anyways.

Btw, we may have Lamp ranked higher on our draft boards like you mentioned. That Alabama tape doesnt lie.

Trading back and still getting Lamp would be a dream scenario. 5 fucking years of ineptitude at building up the offensive line when you have a franchise QB is criminal. Getting Kelly last year was a God send and a no-brainer in my opinion, didn't really care were his projected value was. Luck is in a fucking sling right now because our offensive line has been a sieve.

apballin 04-18-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 9937)
Trading back and still getting Lamp would be a dream scenario. 5 fucking years of ineptitude at building up the offensive line when you have a franchise QB is criminal. Getting Kelly last year was a God send and a no-brainer in my opinion, didn't really care were his projected value was. Luck is in a fucking sling right now because our offensive line has been a sieve.

Fuck yes!!! I want Luck to have a great blue wall in front of him similar to what the cowboys built let him just stand back there for 8seconds untouched. He likes to hold it and make a play well let's make that motherfucker comfy back there

apballin 04-18-2017 06:41 PM

And then fuck it Pagano can have Gore call up Patrick Willis and tell him we need a MLB

omahacolt 04-18-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 9877)
For a team who ran 2 TE sets more than any other team in the NFL last year?

You are good with Williams being one of those options if either Doyle or Swoope get hurt? Or HAVING to play 3WR sets all the time?

Personally, I would want a better option than Brandon Williams playing depth TE.

Cheers,

you absolutely play 3 wr sets more. it wouldn't be all the time. hell we should run 3 wr sets the majority of the time anyway.

we are in dire need of defensive back depth and linebacker depth. there will be talent still in the 4th. using a 4th on a te 3 is not a very good use of your picks.

Puck 04-18-2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 9950)
you absolutely play 3 wr sets more. it wouldn't be all the time. hell we should run 3 wr sets the majority of the time anyway.

we are in dire need of defensive back depth and linebacker depth. there will be talent still in the 4th. using a 4th on a te 3 is not a very good use of your picks.

DEPTH????? How about a starter?? Hell we don't even have a nickle cb

Melvin is depth. I'm not sure Mitchell is a nickle or more outside depth

VeveJones007 04-18-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 9946)
Fuck yes!!! I want Luck to have a great blue wall in front of him similar to what the cowboys built let him just stand back there for 8seconds untouched. He likes to hold it and make a play well let's make that motherfucker comfy back there

How many titles have the Cowboys won with that line?

Spike 04-18-2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 9956)

The Cowboys don't have a franchise QB, the Colts do. Protect 12 and the titles will come.

Coltsalr 04-18-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 9956)

More division titles than the Colts these past few years, depressingly enough.