ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   QB Kelly (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78472)

JAFF 08-09-2019 06:43 AM

QB Kelly

I thought maybe Reich was doing the kid a favor by having him on the team, but he's a lot better than I imagined.

He's got some learning to do, but he does hang in against the rush and he's really fast.

He was the pleaseant surprise of the game.

omahacolt 08-09-2019 08:04 AM

I wouldn’t put too much stock in late game preseason heroics.

That said, he is obviously better than walker

JAFF 08-09-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 125654)
I wouldn’t put too much stock in late game preseason heroics.

That said, he is obviously better than walker

I agree

Chromeburn 08-09-2019 05:40 PM

He's got some wheels and a pretty good arm. But he was beating up on the bottom of the roster. I would not expect him to make the team this year. With Luck and this injury and the fact Kelly is docked two games, I will not be on the roster. But next year with Brisset gone I could see him making it.

GoBigBlue88 08-09-2019 10:28 PM

He won't make the roster, but it's nice to have a QB who at least lets you evaluate the other positions.

QBs like Walker piss me off because it's a waste of Cain etc. being out there.

JAFF 08-10-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 125729)
He won't make the roster, but it's nice to have a QB who at least lets you evaluate the other positions.

Cain didnt help himself on thursday

YDFL Commish 08-10-2019 02:14 PM

If Kelly proves to be an upgrade over Walker then I believe that he will be of the PS.

Chromeburn 08-10-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 125754)
Cain didnt help himself on thursday

He tore his knee this time last year. I wouldn't count him out. He is coming back from a knee tear adn this is essentially his rookie year. Saw this about today's practice.

Quote:

Saturday’s practice might have just been 90-100 minutes, but Deon Cain made the most of his time on the field. Cain had 3 deep catches on the sideline, where he did a beautiful job of high-pointing the ball for chunk plays. Frank Reich definitely took note: “Deon had a huge day today. I don’t know how many deep balls he caught today, but usually in practice, if you catch one deep ball, you feel great about it. I think he caught 3 or 4. That’s a massive day for a receiver out on the practice field. A player that has been through what he’s been through, another great day at practice is really another mental hurdle to clear and confidence to build, because right now, it’s all about confidence.”

njcoltfan 08-14-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 125729)

Due to recent developments, he might be our opening day starter !!!

CanuckColt 08-18-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 126134)
Due to recent developments, he might be our opening day starter !!!

Then we may as well forfeit the game instead of risking injuries to our players.